Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Strange to see someone get two mutuals in a row.

I don't think we would have released him if he hadn't had the Hartlepool deal lined up - he wasn't Premiership standard but the same was also true of several other players who we kept because they still had contracts.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think we would have released him if he hadn't had the Hartlepool deal lined up - he wasn't Premiership standard but the same was also true of several other players who we kept because they still had contracts.

Cheers. Had assumed he was a bad egg but Derek has always been quick to move folk on who aren't up to it.

Moult, and McGeady who folk are also try to link us with, feel like Davidson signings.

MacLean seems to have next to no interest in those types, as he'd said when talking about signing targets, so theres little to fear in terms of us signing them.

Really hope we can get going on the pitch, as off it seems to be shaping up nicely.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Moult, and McGeady who folk are also try to link us with, feel like Davidson signings.

MacLean seems to have next to no interest in those types, as he'd said when talking about signing targets, so theres little to fear in terms of us signing them.

Really hope we can get going on the pitch, as off it seems to be shaping up nicely.

Perhaps Moult or McGeady are ideal if they’re willing to accept a bench place, and know they’re not starting or getting a regular game. 

However they’ll both look for starts, so I can’t see it working or happening. 

Just now, mizfit said:

Perhaps Moult or McGeady are ideal if they’re willing to accept a bench place.

I dont think theyd be worthwhile even at that, tbh.

Jephcott sounds like he'll be an interestng signing. Could either be one of those who comes up from League 1, League 2 in England and finds the right form at the right club and we cash in on him to an English championship club (Sam Cosgrove, Moult v 1.0) or he will be an absolute donkey who just drifts further and further down the league. No middle ground here.

But, I do like Macca looking at a different profile of player in a different market to where we normally sign players from. Happy to give out 2-3 year deals to guys who might have a resale value as 23-26 age range as opposed to 30+ under Davidson. Both have a place, but cannot be too many of either