Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

49 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Still yet to hear any murmurings of what said add ons were 

Well...the journalists down there say there's none.

Make of it what you will.

Noticed on the podcast that Flaherty even had Spence calling him "Flax". 

What an absolute loser this guy is.

" Nice to meet you. Call me Flax."

C*nt.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Well...the journalists down there say there's none.

Make of it what you will.

Noticed on the podcast that Flaherty even had Spence calling him "Flax". 

What an absolute loser this guy is.

" Nice to meet you. Call me Flax."

C*nt.

Was probably chewing the fat with him at scooter club or something along those lines

59 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I can't see him going for a big fee when he leaves. Tidy player but they are ten a penny down there.

Maybe a chance of something decent if there's add ons based on league placing.

Yeah I’d be surprised if he went for a decent fee given he doesn’t regularly contribute with goals and assists. As others have said though, it doesn’t seem like the add ons actually exist. 

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if he went for a decent fee given he doesn’t regularly contribute with goals and assists. As others have said though, it doesn’t seem like the add ons actually exist. 

He's a very good player, I think he'd be a big asset to any team bar the OF but there's a generation of EPL development players who have been coached to do what he does. As you say, not much goals and assists.

We took less than we wanted for McKenna but our value seems to be the promotion clause and the avoiding relegation clause. No idea what his value would be if he was sold.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCanns move to Preston seems to have been lose lose for everyone, really.

You kind of want to sell your assets to clubs that have a real chance of promotion if you want that as a clause or a history of selling on players for a good profit. Preston are neither.

McKenna's promotion clause was savvy as Forrest despite being out of the EPL for years, always felt thst they were only a season away from getting it right. Same goes for quote a few bigish clubs there, Boro, Leeds, West Brom, Norwich etc. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

You kind of want to sell your assets to clubs that have a real chance of promotion if you want that as a clause or a history of selling on players for a good profit. Preston are neither.

Pretty much this aye. They dont even seem to have understood what player they were getting either.

I think he'll still be a success but hes effectively wasted years of his career, while watching Allan Campbell move into the EPL, simply by picking the wrong club. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much this aye. They dont even seem to have understood what player they were getting either.

I think he'll still be a success but hes effectively wasted years of his career, while watching Allan Campbell move into the EPL, simply by picking the wrong club. 

Stupid fucker left a year too soon I reckon. Took the first club to approach without thinking. 

On 14/08/2023 at 23:37, Saint DBL said:

Preparing for next season then, I like it.

Yeah I remember him not being that popular, not a great spell at livi either so plenty evidence on him, as Random says hopefully it’s Ali going in the opposite direction.

He was actually a decent player for us, but he was trying to break into a team with players far better than him at the time. Right player, wrong time I think. There was little chance he was pushing a prime Scott Pittman out the team