Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23751364.callum-davidson-reveals-st-johnstone-win-bust-ultimatum/

No coincidence this article appears the Monday after the Hibs job becomes available 🤷‍♂️ mentions how he's keen to get back into management again. 

He's upset about changing the formation in his final game. Of course he is. He is madly in love with that formation 

Tbf it’s quotes from what he said on the radio on Saturday. Clearly the penny hasn’t dropped that his formation was a big part of the reason he ended up in that situation. 

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23751364.callum-davidson-reveals-st-johnstone-win-bust-ultimatum/

No coincidence this article appears the Monday after the Hibs job becomes available 🤷‍♂️ mentions how he's keen to get back into management again. 

He's upset about changing the formation in his final game. Of course he is. He is madly in love with that formation 

Mention that on radio on Saturday that his only regret was changing his formation on his last game 

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Did you expect any less?

He's exactly what is wrong with football.

Im not sure what i expected tbh, i just assumed he'd have gained some form of humility after the last 2 seasons.

Hes never been the same since he headbutted the door after the Scottish Cup win.

I do wonder how much of him was arrogant enough that win given the ultimatum, to half arse the approach with the new formation in an attempt to demonstrate that "this is what happens when you deviate from the masterplan" and he thought it would give him more time

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Let's not post any names on here before they're announced. They at least deserve that much respect. 

No, I get that... 

Was hoping for a whisper in my ear.

But in fairness, folk shouldn't be posting stuff like "I know something you don't know...."

21 minutes ago, Saint Paddy said:

No, I get that... 

But in fairness, folk shouldn't be posting stuff like "I know something you don't know...."

No one is posting for points, just that we’ve heard names in confidence, and I think we’re both surprised at one of the names.

I think I said it before, here or the other place, I don't think there are any of the "senior pro's " that I would be disappointed to not have re-sign, so by extension, no one I would be sorry to see let go.

Any sense of surprise would be from "why didn't player x get released before player y"

1 hour ago, Saint Paddy said:

No, I get that... 

No need for whispers in ears it'll soon be common knowledge. Just go with the flow and all will be revealed. The surprising one isn't that surprising tbh, as you say most of them are culpable. It's about as surprising as the line up was on Saturday, first you go "Macca has baws", then you're like "f**k aye". As The Saintee* says this is just the start. 

* just typing that word brings a little sick to my mouth.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints are indeed trying to sign Sven. 

McGowan was dropped completely from the squad on Saturday too, so maybe he is the unexpected one that will be away.

Having Sven in the squad will give another aggressive midfielder alongside Phillips, who will inevitably pick up suspensions.

Can really see how MacLean wants his squad to look now. 

11 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

McGowan was dropped completely from the squad on Saturday too, so maybe he is the unexpected one that will be away.

Having Sven in the squad will give another aggressive midfielder alongside Phillips, who will inevitably pick up suspensions.

Can really see how MacLean wants his squad to look now. 

McGowan was swapped at the last min for Gordon I believe due to injury in the warm up?