Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

More likely weight of money shifting the book's exposure. This isn't a market that will attract a lot of action IMO. Would only take a couple of slightly larger bets to move the numbers I reckon.

Saying that, I just sow a guy that looks a lot like him tucking into the buffet breakfast at Broxden Farm so who knows.

Got to be a pizza crunch from the new diamond surely....

Scott Browns name will only have moved because as you say, one or two will have put a bet on him. I suspect anyone non OF centric knows enough to rule the likes of him and Lennon out, but dome folk will be blinkered enough to think a small club like Saints would be falling all over a former celtic captain.

Not a chance we are going for any 'punts' here. Manager will have to have managed for a decent chunk of time in Scotland, be willing to come, available and not cost a fee or certainly not a significant one. 

17 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Scott Brown is one of the leading contenders amongst the options put forward so far, in my opinion. 

Would only be a terrible appointment, most of the others would be catastrophic. 

There is nothing about Scott Brown that suggests he would either be a good manager or what saints need at the moment. A largely unsuccessful spell at Fleetwood is not something appealing in the slightest. Throw in a pretty disastrous spell as an assistant at Aberdeen, would make no sense. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

16 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I find it hard to believe those are genuine opinions.  I presume your Facebook fans, are, like ours, almost universally insane?

I will raise you the St.Mirren Facebook page.....Error 404 is definitely your friend if you stumble accross that bin fire.

6 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

I will raise you the St.Mirren Facebook page.....Error 404 is definitely your friend if you stumble accross that bin fire.

St Mirren fans on every thread now they have a decent team...

F9GELTGXcAAfsJm.jpg.cb0df2071f40de8fa1c3dbc210f90a86.jpg

Bit late to the party here. Been away all weekend playing motorbikes and only catching up today. 

Nothing more to add except get any notion of Scott fuckin Brown to f**k right now.

:) 

8 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Bit late to the party here. Been away all weekend playing motorbikes and only catching up today. 

Nothing more to add except get any notion of Scott fuckin Brown to f**k right now.

:) 

Ohhh the party has just started. 

Just wait till the manager is appointed! The Dundee fans that don't care about St Johnstone will be all over the thread like they were on Sunday & no matter who they choose I can't see everyone being universally supportive of it amoungst out support either that'll no doubt cause some debate, especially if it's a left field or "safe" appointment! 

I'm pretty out of touch with it all. I really don't pay enough attention these days and it's easy to miss any news being based in deepest Lincolnshire. 

I've no idea who I'd like in the post. I do know I don't want Scott Brown or any of that ilk in the job. 'Yogi' can f**k off an all :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Ohhh the party has just started. 

Just wait till the manager is appointed! The Dundee fans that don't care about St Johnstone will be all over the thread like they were on Sunday & no matter who they choose I can't see everyone being universally supportive of it amoungst out support either that'll no doubt cause some debate, especially if it's a left field or "safe" appointment! 

St Johnstone’s my wee team. Hope you’s stay but not at our expense. 

It’s going to be Scott Brown. That’s your level. 

Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Livi knocked back an approach for Davie. 

Approach was made yesterday and Saints were informed the permission was not granted. 

Sounds like wee Davie isn't interested that much either. 

They rejected the chance for St Johnstone to speak to him! Davie has previously said it would be the boards decision if he was told to go so not really anything to suggest he would have said no!

Anyway I'm not to bothered TBH , hopefully a "Rabbit from the hat appointment" to come!

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Yeah I did also wonder if Saints had some indication from his representative privately that he fancied it. 

Not sure they approach without some encouragement. 

Wonder if they'll change their tune if Saints cough up some £. 

His blanket response to any interest is to go speak to the guys upstairs, so I'd assume that's what St Johnstone have done, and have been told where to go

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Good on Martindale not spitting the dummy after bring told the approach is being rejected but the obvious point is surely if St. Johnstone meet the value of the remainder of his contract, Livi can't deny him speaking to them, can they?

You get the sense its more personal than that for him rather than being a business decision. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Good on Martindale not spitting the dummy after bring told the approach is being rejected but the obvious point is surely if St. Johnstone meet the value of the remainder of his contract, Livi can't deny him speaking to them, can they?

It was always going to be rejected by the board, no one would allow a manager to leave to a rival so simple answer is to reject it!

Ball is in Davie court if he actually wants it however i do not think he will as he has previously said.