Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Muirton Saint said:

Luke Robinson starting for Wigan tonight, as well as Jason Kerr.

I'll be surprised if he ends up back at Saints, we've already signed his replacement and are needing to punt more out before bringing folk in.

Edit to add; they got beat.

Edited by tree house tam

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'll be surprised if he ends up back at Saints, we've already signed his replacement and are needing to punt more out before bringing folk in.

Edit to add; they got beat.

Levein literally quoted this morning saying he expects Robinson back this week and Smith isnt a replacement.

If Robinson doesnt return then we only have Gallacher as LWB too, really.

I don’t know how seriously Wigan would be treating the EFL trophy so probably made a lot of changes to the team, also giving players returning from injury like Kerr some game time. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levein literally quoted this morning saying he expects Robinson back this week and Smith isnt a replacement.

If Robinson doesnt return then we only have Gallacher as LWB too, really.

Kerr Smith is decent, I like the laddie. Sure there's no chance of keeping him but I'd quite happily have him at LCB and Robinson in instead of Gallacher. Not sure it means f**k all tbh as the three of them aren't likely to be at Saints next season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, with the Levein interview I'm guessing the clubs agreed to let him stay at Wigan during the break to get some gametime and he would then join after this game tonight.

7 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Yeah, with the Levein interview I'm guessing the clubs agreed to let him stay at Wigan during the break to get some gametime and he would then join after this game tonight.

Aye thats what it sounds like will happen. Not sure he impressed enough last night to stay there anyway.

Interesting comments from Wotherspoon in the Courier. Was told he'd be getting offered a new contract in January, then just blanked for the rest of the season until he was released, and im not sure how MacLean told him that but it sounds like that wasnt the best either.

It's been 8 months but it still sits badly with me the whole Wotherspoon thing. Both the manner of it and the fact he's a (much) better player than most of the dross we have assembled.

Impressive the way Steve Brown managed to get everything entirely wrong from May 2021 onwards. MacLean as manager was just the pièce de résistance.

I've lost count of the amount of bad stories I've heard over the years about St Johnstone as an employer. Some were obviously disgruntled ex employees or their family but a fair chunk have been totally valid. It's sometimes the ones you'd least expect as well. Suppose it's part and parcel of business nowadays and most folk just say "f**k it, f**k them" and move on but it must leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Anyway let's not let those c***s drag us down and celebrate the good guys who work at Saints. I'll put forward concourse coordinator, head of St Johnstone chocolate mint ordering and former ball boy kit washer Radford.

Heard from hearts Fan pal we are looking at signing Connor Smith (Striker) 21 year old on loan

On 30/08/2023 at 14:07, Pens_Dark said:

This was a point that myself and a other Dundee fans were trying to put across, but somehow that was twisted in to our lot trying to convince the world we have some sort of Leeds-esque travelling support. Mundane, mundane...mundane stuff.

1 minute ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Heard from hearts Fan pal we are looking at signing Connor Smith (Striker) 21 year old on loan

Hes a CM.

14 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Ill bow to your knowledge,was told striker though by mate 

Be lying if i said i knew where he'd played for Scunthorpe, but the rest of his career has been in CM with an odd shot out wide.

Seems to score wherever he goes but last time i looked at him, data wise, he didnt really offer a whole lot more.