Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Maybe just me but I thought it okay for the most part. 

Its isolation, it was fine, but as part of our form since the winter break it feels like another game where theres been no tempo to our play on or off the ball, and strange subs that make us worse.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What's happening to Max? 

I certainly wasn't his biggest fan prior but regressed even further. 

While he didn't have much time to involved today its like all he does it play the safe pass that he can see in the immediate eye line. He never looks up to play progressively at all, waste of shirt. Like I said a few weeks ago Garry Mcdonald 🤷‍♂️ 

Agree with Paulo re Connor Smith. He and Kucheriavyi are just nothing footballers, they've come in and replaced older nothing footballers who will have been on more money probably, but still, hardly a ringing endorsement for them. 

Adama Sidibeh looked every bit a player we're signed from Warrington Rylands or whatever they're called today too. He and Kimpioka just don't look up for a battle. Fear we're going to regret loaning out Kane to be honest. 

Still of the view that staying up by any means necessary is the measure of success this season given the state we're in. Given how shit we've been to watch for years now and VAR (plus rangers and Celtic games with them having 3 stands again) a season ticket is going to be a hard sell for me in  the summer. Honestly fed up of watching soul destroying 'must not lose at all costs' football. 

In isolation, the performance wasn't horrific, but feels that in every game, we are either 'not bad' against better teams or have a period vs lesser teams where we drop a level or two and get punished.

I'll put up with the negative football if we stay up, given where we are, but it has to be a means to an end and no more.

If we do stay up, then second we are safe, club needs to start building for future. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What's happening to Max? 

I certainly wasn't his biggest fan prior but regressed even further. 

While he didn't have much time to involved today its like all he does it play the safe pass that he can see in the immediate eye line. He never looks up to play progressively at all, waste of shirt. Like I said a few weeks ago Garry Mcdonald 🤷‍♂️ 

Worse he plays, the deeper he plays, as not playing him every game isnt an option. Deeper he plays, the worse he plays, as he cant go forward. 

Hes clearly been trained that keeping possession is more important than doing anything with it (and honestly that ties in with Levein coaching him from a young age, considering how we play under Levein), so if he sees a simple pass he'll play it rather than the alternatives which are riskier.

He'll condemn himself to a nothing career if he doesnt change but he likely wont under this coaching set up now.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Given how shit we've been to watch for years now and VAR (plus rangers and Celtic games with them having 3 stands again) a season ticket is going to be a hard sell for me in  the summer. Honestly fed up of watching soul destroying 'must not lose at all costs' football. 

Games: 52

Wins: 14

Goals scored: 46

A frankly thrilling ride its been at McDiarmid since the double season.

Been said on here many times. Can see there being a large drop off in season ticket sales next season. VAR is killing the game for people in attendance at the stadium. The second penalty today was dreadful, how long after the incident was the penalty given?

This has to brought up at the open night to hear the clubs thoughts on it. We obviously aren’t getting the breaks from it now but even when it goes for us it’s just a shit experience. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Kind of agree with a couple of posters that said we weren’t too bad today.  I thought we were fairly competitive up until 2-0. Having seen games against either of the OF where we’ve just sat back and watched them play it’s quite refreshing to watch us prepared to kick lumps out of them. And try to pass the ball when we had it.

We looked to have opportunities to do something going forwards at times, but as usual poor decision making and lack of quality restricted us.

Lets not kid ourselves, that is a very average rangers team and having zero shots at goal against them is poor.

We need a quick improvement, desperately need to find a way of creating chances and getting wins.

We haven’t scored more than once in a game since we beat killie 2-1 then Levein’s first game the 2-2 with Motherwell in the same week, back in early November. Only other time we’ve managed was the late comeback 2-2 with Dundee. As we can’t keep clean sheets either, it really does feel like picking up draws and hoping county and Livi stay shite are our only hopes of staying up.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the last game I enjoyed was Galatasaray first leg.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even that season was 9 home goals in the league. 

4 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

how long after the incident was the penalty given?

FotMob says between 2 and 3 minutes between the handball and VAR deciding it was a penalty. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

FotMob says between 2 and 3 minutes between the handball and VAR deciding it was a penalty. 

Certainly felt like that at the game. First time I have left before the final whistle today when that was given. Really scunnered with var now. Doubt we are getting that at the other end. 

4 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Thought you played quite well from what I watched. Can we have Carey please?

He's out of contract in the summer. Think that's the best he's played deeper but he's been very decent further up the pitch this season. One of very few who's worth another year in the top flight next year IMO, whether with us or someone else.