Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Kimpioka is better technically, IMO. He's in control of the ball more, is less erratic with his passing/touches, and understands how to keep possession better.

Not sure who's the better finisher really?

But I think over a season Sidibeh scores more as he's more aggressive and direct.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think St Johnstone fans views on Uche are weirdly based on him tripping on the ball once.

His first season for Hearts he was excellent. Absolutely dominated centre halves, brought others into play and chipped in with a decent goals return. 2nd season he fell out of favour after Levein left and he toiled. He also struggled with refs giving him nothing and he got frustrated.

He done relatively well for a couple of seasons after us too though.  Couple of seasons in the championship including a decent  move to Middlesbrough, done ok on loan at Cardiff and moved to Turkey. 

If I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty happy with getting him in and he's a decent age too.

A textbook Levein signing.

I thought Ikpeazu was absolutely shite. A carthorse. Five goals in 40 league games as well. A pitiful return. 

Given he'll be a known quantity this time, I doubt he'll get six months' grace to bully defenders. Which will render him completely ineffective.

Get neck massage sessions booked in, lads. The ball isn't going to be seeing the grass very much.

Edited by Darren

25 minutes ago, Darren said:

A textbook Levein signing.

I thought Ikpeazu was absolutely shite. A carthorse. Five goals in 40 league games as well. A pitiful return. 

Given he'll be a known quantity this time, I doubt he'll get six months' grace to bully defenders. Which will render him completely ineffective.

Get neck massage sessions booked in, lads. The ball isn't going to be seeing the grass very much.

Yeah, this pretty much. Plus, having watched every moment he's played for Port Vale this year, he's not got any better. The opposite, in fact.

Said on the St. Mirren thread, if you keep Sidibeh then Ikpeazu will be pretty good foil for him. A big mad battering ram of a guy.

If you lose him to a team sniffing about, then I'd be worried if he's the focal point of your attack.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Said on the St. Mirren thread, if you keep Sidibeh then Ikpeazu will be pretty good foil for him. A big mad battering ram of a guy.

If you lose him to a team sniffing about, then I'd be worried if he's the focal point of your attack.

This is it, he's going to be one of 4 strikers all of whom are good at different things. He offers something we don't have and if he's just a battering ram who can chip in with 4/5 goals a season whilst others also contribute I'm ok with it. If he's coming in as an automatic starter then it's a no from be. But right now I can't see past us starting with Clark and Sidibeh based on the final few games of last season and I think they'd both be good for 10 goals a season in the league if played correctly as a partnership up top.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

This is it, he's going to be one of 4 strikers all of whom are good at different things. He offers something we don't have and if he's just a battering ram who can chip in with 4/5 goals a season whilst others also contribute I'm ok with it. If he's coming in as an automatic starter then it's a no from be. But right now I can't see past us starting with Clark and Sidibeh based on the final few games of last season and I think they'd both be good for 10 goals a season in the league if played correctly as a partnership up top.

Wouldn't be so sure about Clark who at 33 next week, is now firmly in the Brophy 'would hit double figures if he could stay injury free' category but is increasingly unlikely with every passing year to have a season where he'll be available for more than half the games.

39 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

That's a pretty low bar to set.

Thought you guys were getting some investment?

We are, wait till you see the carpark, it will be fucking amazing M8.

38 minutes ago, Saint Paddy said:

Until that day comes, levein is gonna levein...

TBF he's taking Stevie Mays place in the squad so even if he gets 10 sub appearances and a couple of goals it's a win win.

16 minutes ago, Widge said:

This is it, he's going to be one of 4 strikers all of whom are good at different things. He offers something we don't have.

I'm not sure he'd be giving us anything different to what Kane did tbh. 

If I was being negative I'd suggest that up front with swapping May and Kane for Kimpioka and Ikpeazu all we've actually done is make it Levein signings doing the job rather than those here before him. 

But I feel like everyone is desperate to be positive and there's no point being negative until he's actually played for us, so there's no point in me making negative comments as it just drags everyone down.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure he'd be giving us anything different to what Kane did tbh. 

If I was being negative I'd suggest that up front with swapping May and Kane for Kimpioka and Ikpeazu all we've actually done is make it Levein signings doing the job rather than those here before him. 

But I feel like everyone is desperate to be positive and there's no point being negative until he's actually played for us, so there's no point in me making negative comments as it just drags everyone down.

Possibly not, but we can't continue to be going into new seasons with Kane and may as 2 of our strikers and suddenly expecting goals, as they've proven season after season that it won't happen. I'm totally fine with trying new players and seeing what happen, look at Bair last season for someone who surprised everyone and was called a donkey, or Mandron at St Mirren, same comments. You're right until you've seen him play for saints, there's no point in being negative.