Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Only thing I'd disagree with is the scores being recorded.

We play in graded leagues in Aberdeen from 7s. It does make a massive difference when they play an hour against a similar team than they would against some others.

Edit: There's no league table but the league secretary promotes and demotes based on wins and average goal difference per game.

Aye every league is slightly different but the general gist of not putting scores or goals for/against on websites or in papers is more what I was meaning. It doesn't do any favours telling everyone that such and such team gets pumped 20-0 every week.

Refreshing to see Sven's love of football, desparate to be back on the pitch and team being a success.  This is exactly what is lacking in the game and if we had a team with this ethos, us fans would be happy.

Sven should be captain for this reason alone but don't think Levein sees him as a regular starter sadly.

12 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Sven should be captain for this reason alone but don't think Levein sees him as a regular starter sadly.

I've genuinely no idea who will be captain, unless they sign an obvious candidate. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Aye every league is slightly different but the general gist of not putting scores or goals for/against on websites or in papers is more what I was meaning. It doesn't do any favours telling everyone that such and such team gets pumped 20-0 every week.

Aye 100% with you on that.

We're not allowed to mention scores on social media etc. even on parents personal accounts.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He'd be at Mcdiarmid right now signing if it was Davidson... Does Levein think a bit differently though?

We've not heard anything about our potential Ghanaian signing since either...

Signing for Partick apparently. 

Think the Ghanian one would take a while due to the fact he'll almost definitely get denied a work permit and it would go to an appeal.

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We've not heard anything about our potential Ghanaian signing since either...

Maybe another nationality will arrive instead?

Ellis is far from a polished performer from what I've heard. Plenty potential but is very very raw. Is that really what we need to be spending a top wage and fee on?

If we had quality there first and money to burn then aye, batter in. In our predicament just now? Too big a gamble imo.

4 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

McGowan or Gordon to Motherwell? 

Surely Gordon going by the clip they posted?

Good luck to him if it is, he needed away from us for everyone's sake.

Just now, tree house tam said:

It is. 

Another I will take great pleasure in abusing.

Theo Bair redemption arc inbound. Be in the Scotland squad for 12 months.

The problem for/with Liam Gordon is he neither justified the wage he reportedly was on, nor could Saints justify maintaining it. So as captain of the football club he had a decision to make.

He'll possibly do very well at Motherwell but I think both him and Saints needed a clean break. And that is said in the knowledge it leaves us worse off right now and we may struggle to find a better player. The relationship has probably run its course though, for now anyway.

Saints fans in the replies straight away too 🤢 "good luck". 

As for Gordon, I cannot comment about his personal views on the move but money came into it as well. Wasn't initially offered what he was after. 

Budget being somewhat up in the air still potentially played a part. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

He'll do well there IMO.

Way they play probably suits him more than the way I hope we line up this season, and it was clear he was struggling mentally with us last season.

A good move for everyone really, but we badly need an experienced CB in to make it feel like it.

Glad to hear it to be honest. He needs a fresh start and I think we do too. 

The regression displayed by Gordon since Kerr and McCart have left is possibly the most start I've seen since watching Saints. Really hope he can find his feet again but it's clear this is for the best.

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Maybe another nationality will arrive instead?

Ellis is far from a polished performer from what I've heard. Plenty potential but is very very raw. Is that really what we need to be spending a top wage and fee on?

If we had quality there first and money to burn then aye, batter in. In our predicament just now? Too big a gamble imo.

Our issue though is actually finding better. Not convinced we will based on our lackluster summer business so far. 

McGowan might remain but looked another who is done at this level on many an occasion over the last 5-6 months. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe