Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'd be more concerned with your own teams current predicament, this seasons Livingston. IMO.

All the best.

Thank you.

-15 at Dundee should help. 
points or pounds though, that’s the million dollar question. 

Levein's comments about defenders with pace coming in gave me the impression there is talks ongoing with defenders that have some pace? Probably ones that fit into a back 3. 

Would be an odd comment to make to then sign Lamie. 

When will they address McGowan moving on also? Surely his offer still wont be on the table. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

19 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Levein's comments about defenders with pace coming in gave me the impression there is talks ongoing with defenders that have some pace? Probably ones that fit into a back 3. 

When will they address McGowan moving on also? Surely his offer still wont be on the table. 

I've never seen us so disorganised when it comes to contracts. We've occasionally had one going into pre-season needing resolved - Scobbie and Davidson stick out in my mind - but we had 5 still pending on the first day back. 

Levein said he hoped to have defensive reinforcements in within the month so I didn't take from that that we were close with anyone. 

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It'll be some of the defenders from the Euro's that we are going to spend millions on when the new owner comes in! 🥴😂

I think Lamie would have been an OK signing, but probably depends on who you'd put in beside him. I do think McLelland will need an older head beside him, but by that, doesn't need to be mid 30's, someone of 27+ should be experienced enough.

I'd say McGowan will have had his offer expired, but Phillips will still have his purely for the compensation aspect. 

Could the St Johnstone calendar decision-makers maybe use a bit of common sense in future years? I don't really want non-Saints players Ryan McGowan and Tony Gallacher staring at me throughout the month of July. For the latter half of the year, please choose players who aren't out of contract.

28 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Could the St Johnstone calendar decision-makers maybe use a bit of common sense in future years? I don't really want non-Saints players Ryan McGowan and Tony Gallacher staring at me throughout the month of July. For the latter half of the year, please choose players who aren't out of contract.

Unsure we’d have enough players for the latter half of next years calendar if we do this 😂

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Maybe you’ve signed somebody worse?  Hard pushed to think of someone, but that's my coping strategy.  

I doubt any of us will ever have heard of who we sign for CB.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt any of us will ever have heard of who we sign for CB.

Maybe that is the hold up with the sale. New owner wants to play himself there!

Genuine question, is there any noise about what is going on? Usual client journalists are very very quiet on the subject. 

33 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Maybe that is the hold up with the sale. New owner wants to play himself there!

Genuine question, is there any noise about what is going on? Usual client journalists are very very quiet on the subject. 

Sean Hamilton suggested that it should be at some point this week, following the SFA board meeting.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Sean Hamilton suggested that it should be at some point this week, following the SFA board meeting.

Do we know why it needed another round of SFA board approval? I'm sure I saw somewhere of guarantees over badge, name and colours etc, but that could surely have been proven at the last one surely? 

14 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Do we know why it needed another round of SFA board approval? I'm sure I saw somewhere of guarantees over badge, name and colours etc, but that could surely have been proven at the last one surely? 

Because it’s the SFA and that would’ve been far too efficient and sensible.

19 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

It was at the last board meeting they asked for those things. No chance could it all have been done in the meeting. 

It'll have likely needed to go through legal teams of both the buyer and Saints  to get written into the sale deal, contracts reworded etc before returning to the SFA for review and approval.