Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The investors are Matthew Klase (attorney, Atlanta, Georgia); Franklin Lemond (attorney, Atlanta, Georgia); Chet Arter (attorney, St. Augustine, Florida); Mark Chastain (physician, Atlanta, Georgia); Chris Davis (physician, Birmingham, Alabama); Jeff Hardwick (entrepreneur, Birmingham, Alabama); Kyle Ingalls (entrepreneur, Savannah, Georgia); and Cary Webb (retired math professor and my father, Chicago, Illinois). 

Quick search would suggest that aside from the obvious lawyers, the others are dermatologists and ENT. No idea what the connection is to Webb, but while not likely to be especially wealthy, all seem pretty sensible professionals. In a way, that is reassuring as there isn't mental get rich quick kind of folk there.

Positives are that these guys and if we take Webb at his word, there does seem to be any intent (or history) of nonsense such as asset stripping or dodgy practices. 

Am hoping that some outside perspectives might bring a freshness to things and a willingness to revisit some opportunities to grow the club thst the previous owners dismissed too quickly.

I'm not that concerned at the references to land and potential sell offs. Not least because Brown himself has floated this many times over the years and actually, when you look back over his time, putting the stadium move aside, has twice sold off land the club owned (Florence place training pitch and (I'm pretty sure) the former supporters club site on jeanfield road). Arguable the new road was a land sale too.

24 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Quick search would suggest that aside from the obvious lawyers, the others are dermatologists and ENT. No idea what the connection is to Webb, but while not likely to be especially wealthy, all seem pretty sensible professionals. In a way, that is reassuring as there isn't mental get rich quick kind of folk there.

Positives are that these guys and if we take Webb at his word, there does seem to be any intent (or history) of nonsense such as asset stripping or dodgy practices. 

Am hoping that some outside perspectives might bring a freshness to things and a willingness to revisit some opportunities to grow the club thst the previous owners dismissed too quickly.

I'm not that concerned at the references to land and potential sell offs. Not least because Brown himself has floated this many times over the years and actually, when you look back over his time, putting the stadium move aside, has twice sold off land the club owned (Florence place training pitch and (I'm pretty sure) the former supporters club site on jeanfield road). Arguable the new road was a land sale too.

As you've said already land sales etc aren't necessarily always bad. While I don't know much about it the indication is the club owns land away from the stadium footprint as well. 

If they used that to sell to builders or built houses on it that additional income could boost the clubs finances 🤞

Whatever they do I just want a pre match area to go thats decent. 🍻

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Another good interview but words will mean nothing until it's backed up now. A win tomorrow is a necessity. 

Dunno how they'll line up? I'd guess...

Rae

Olufunwa - McClelland - Cameron - Keltjens

Wright - Smith - Sprangler - Carey

Kimpioka - May

... but Sidibeh obviously comes in if he's fit. Don't know if you put Raymond in at LB if he's signed in time too?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Another good interview but words will mean nothing until it's backed up now. A win tomorrow is a necessity. 

Dunno how they'll line up? I'd guess...

Rae

Olufunwa - McClelland - Cameron - Keltjens

Wright - Smith - Sprangler - Carey

Kimpioka - May

... but Sidibeh obviously comes in if he's fit. Don't know if you put Raymond in at LB if he's signed in time too?

Surely that team gives you the absolute fear.

Just now, Der Panzer said:

Surely that team gives you the absolute fear.

For a game against Brechin?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

For a game against Brechin?

I'm assuming thats as close to a full strength team as you can field at the moment - so in general I was mainly meaning.

But also probably yes against Brechin.

3 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I'm assuming thats as close to a full strength team as you can field at the moment - so in general I was mainly meaning.

But also probably yes against Brechin.

Meh. It is what it is. We were never signing a raft of quality players early in this window with everything going on/how shite we've been lately.

It'll see us struggle in this group stage IMO and we might go out embarrassingly again, but I don't think that just gets shrugged off by the owners this time.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Can’t see us getting eliminated tbh. That line-up (possibly defence aside) is a lot stronger than what we had available at the same time last season.

It's weaker to me. This was the starting line up that started the last league cup campaign.

Screenshot_20240712_142152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2baf43d591e07247f2692558b6e2915b.jpg

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's weaker to me. This was the starting line up that started the last league cup campaign.

Screenshot_20240712_142152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2baf43d591e07247f2692558b6e2915b.jpg

Defence and attack probably stronger, midfield is cringeworthy though.

Edited by perthsaints99

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, I’d checked that line-up before my previous post. Defence maybe looks slightly stronger there, but the midfield is clearly weaker. We’ve essentially got those exact same attacking options now, but with Sidibeh and Kimpioka in addition.

There's a LOT that still needs to happen because in all the positivity about the new owner you have to face reality that the team is largely shite.

Edited by The Saintee

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Zak Rudden freed by Dundee 😬

1 minute ago, Nat King Goals said:

Rudden off to Queens Park, thankfully.

Was away to make the same joke.