Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I wasn’t as convinced by Essel as many seem to be. Our midfield was posted missing for a long spell today against a garbage Morton side.

MacPherson can get in the sea.

The bit of play MacPherson produced leading to his booking encapsulated him perfectly. Thinks he’s far better than he is, gets closed down, plays a slack pass, scythes player down, gets booked and walks away blaming somebody else for what happened. 

Cannae believe he’s still here. Abysmal. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I wasn’t as convinced by Essel as many seem to be. Our midfield was posted missing for a long spell today against a garbage Morton side.

It's the potential with Essel that got me, for a 18yo adapting to a new country, new team mates, and a new style of play, he's unreal.

Wouldn't be shocked if within 12 months Celtic are making bids.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's the potential with Essel that got me, for a 18yo adapting to a new country, new team mates, and a new style of play, he's unreal.

Wouldn't be shocked if within 12 months Celtic are making bids.

First time watching him, and whilst it’s evident he’s still raw, he’s already showing more potential than I expected. 

I think he might not be about here for long, but if an offer comes in just make sure there’s a fucking sell on clause included. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

First time watching him, and whilst it’s evident he’s still raw, he’s already showing more potential than I expected. 

I think he might not be about here for long, but if an offer comes in just make sure there’s a fucking sell on clause included. 

There is for Bechem.

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I thought Essel looked more comfortable in defence today. The game seemed to pass him by far too much in the first half. He seemed half a yard off the pace in there, got caught on the ball a few times, and there were a good few times a Morton player managed to run off him into space. Can't be easy as an 18 year old kid playing in there with woeful Cammy, though. 

Agree re Essel, he strolled it in defence and played a couple of good passes in midfield but was a bit of a headless chicken in there. 

Having said all that, I still preferred him in the midfield to Dan Phillips 

55 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The bit of play MacPherson produced leading to his booking encapsulated him perfectly. Thinks he’s far better than he is, gets closed down, plays a slack pass, scythes player down, gets booked and walks away blaming somebody else for what happened. 

Cannae believe he’s still here. Abysmal. 

That's the thing with Macpherson; folk will see what they want to see. Some will pick the great pass at the second goal and some lovely touches and others will see the infuriating moments.

That moment with the booking summed up my issues with him. A booking picked up because he refused to play an easy 5 yard pass back to the taker then got frustrated because he gave it away. Everyone knows the passing, technique etc is there, it's the control, displine and staying fit that's important. 

Good to hear a bit more positivity after today. As a supporter there's not much we can do about it either way though. 

Although I do get the middle ground comments about if it was against a better side we'd be punished. Don't disagree either. 

I feel like we're a couple of good results in the League plus a few good performances from a couple of the younger lads away from a feel good period kicking in where the crowds get a wee bump combined with the new owner factor. It won't take much for some fans to have an excuse to re attend. My Dad even mentioned getting a season ticket again...

Folk may need convinced on Levein and co. I'm not his biggest fan either generally but you can't deny he's a bit "St. Johnstone" at heart. 

----

Also.... Are those new TVs up?????

---

Edit: is there a Brown's tribute planned for the Aberdeen game? I know some are not the biggest fan of Steve but you can't argue with the results over the period. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

That's the thing with Macpherson; folk will see what they want to see. Some will pick the great pass at the second goal and some lovely touches and others will see the infuriating moments.

That moment with the booking summed up my issues with him. A booking picked up because he refused to play an easy 5 yard pass back to the taker then got frustrated because he gave it away. Everyone knows the passing, technique etc is there, it's the control, displine and staying fit that's important. 

I still don't think he's improved at all since joining us.

You can still see why coaches love him, and why he looks good in training, but you also still see why he struggles for a full match and why, ultimately, he's not up to it.

He should be a Bryson type who just keeps things ticking in there but he simply cannot stop himself trying more than that.

It’s the constant turning in to trouble that does it for me. 180 degree turn with no awareness he’s turning into traffic.

That midfield probably needed Sprangler in it yesterday in the first half. There still needs to be more quality added in that area for sure.

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who's that?

Not that in someone who watches that kind of thing though. 

Just noticed somebody cutting about in the stand talking into a go pro. It’s not for me either but each to their own. 

So do we think Levein has success in signing players from outwith Scotland but not so much from here?

In my eyes the signings of Sibideh*, Kimpioka, Essel, Keltjens and now Raymond are far better signings than the pish from this island. Long may it continue.

*I know. As an aside I thought a pre season would help Adama but I've yet to be impressed. It looks like it may take him till mid August to get up to speed.

Edited by tree house tam

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

There's a link in the banter page. 

Meh, each to their own. Young kids love vloggers, and Webb did want to establish a social media presence. 

Not saying it’ll bring thousands in, but it’s something to look at. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

So do we think Levein has success in signing players from outwith Scotland but not so much from here?

Not even a question on that surely?

Keltjens, Essel, Kimpioka, Sidibeh v Sanders, Connor Smith, and McPake.