Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

McPake and Smith are utter utter dung. Genuinely League One quality at best, and that might be generous. 

Agreed.

Nowhere near the level to be playing in the Premiership every week.

At least we're finding it out now, I guess.

Alloa a good side though, and with 3 young players looking to make an impression we were probably never going to look organised.

Wouldn't be shocked if Sidibeh replaces one at half time and I think Smith would be the favourite to drop out. McPake hasn't take any chance to beat a man despite multiple chances, while Steven can't figure out how to escape the double marking he's getting.

Just win this somehow now and it's a much needed lesson learned about the three of them.

I actually think McClelland has been the most consistent performer throughout the group stages so far. He looks a lot more confident than the McClelland who was given game time at the start of last season.

Edited by The Real Saints

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, McPake and Smith gone at half-time. Hopefully that will be that.

Aye Levein not fucking about anymore, suspect that'll be it for Connor Smith at Saints.

15 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Add Jack Sanders to the dung pile. Hideous. 

He's the worst of the bunch too. Potentially paid a fee for him as well?!

That performance in the first 45 is just honestly miles off what's required. That team doesn't win many games next season playing like that. 

Leveins made a few decent signings but for every Sidibeh there's 2 terrible signings. Everyone raving about Essels but do think he's got a long way to go to play regularly next season. He's only 18 I know. Midfield completely out battled and out played as well. 

What's Stevens done to deserve the fan clamour for him to get a chance as well? 🤷‍♂️ really not seeing it. If he wasn't a Saints player and was an Alloa player who scored a few goals last season people would be raging if we signed him. He's miles off it as well.

Levein's tactic has a lot to be desired as well. Constant aimless direct balls up the park to an isolated forward with the nearest teammate 35 yards away. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Just now, Kyle said:

Connor smith is absolutely miles out of his depth. The modern day Liam Caddis. 

Liam Caddis was better IMO, just wasn't in love with the game enough.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Liam Caddis was better IMO, just wasn't in love with the game enough.

Caddis did actually have a bit of ability. I agree. 

Just think there was a real lack of belief, confidence and as you say the fire within him to be a professional football. Met him a couple of times at events and just seemed very flat. 

Taken me just shy of 8 minutes to realise Matt Smith is now playing 😂

We're on about our 3 backline and still can't defend set plays.