Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Would be pretty surprised if we let Gordon go tbh. Can't be going into a season with Fulton as no.2, would also f**k our European squad in terms of players who came through our academy.

Where is this Gordon thing coming from? We'd be mental to let him go given 1) there's still a decent chance he's our best keeper and 2) he's a homegrown player so we'd effectively lose a spot in our European squad.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Would be pretty surprised if we let Gordon go tbh. Can't be going into a season with Fulton as no.2, would also f**k our European squad in terms of players who came through our academy.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Where is this Gordon thing coming from? We'd be mental to let him go given 1) there's still a decent chance he's our best keeper and 2) he's a homegrown player so we'd effectively lose a spot in our European squad.

Going to be some laugh in 2 weeks when Gordon and Shankland are away and you have a worse goalkeeper, and starting striker, than the worst team in the division.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Going to be some laugh in 2 weeks when Gordon and Shankland are away and you have a worse goalkeeper, and starting striker, than the worst team in the division.

Clark isn't worse than Gordon now IMO. It's why he's not first choice. It still doesn't mean I'd be letting him go.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Clark isn't worse than Gordon now IMO. It's why he's not first choice. It still doesn't mean I'd be letting him go.

You'd rather see Craig Gordon waste the last year of his career festering on your bench than playing?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd rather see Craig Gordon waste the last year of his career festering on your bench than playing?

I'd rather see him end his career at Hearts while still being involved. He'll get games.

Also, emotion of not wanting CG to leave the club aside, we aren't a charity. We've built a squad with 2 good goalies, why would I want to lose one when there's a significant drop off to 3rd choice and in the process f**k us registering another outfield player for Europe?

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

in the process f**k us registering another outfield player for Europe?

Isnt that why Jamie MacDonald was signed?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Isnt that why Jamie MacDonald was signed?

There's confusion as to whether he can register for the B team and senior team with Uefa. 

However, even if he can, we were already short with academy players as it was. We aren't signing MacDonald just to be in a weaker squad position. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's confusion as to whether he can register for the B team and senior team with Uefa. 

However, even if he can, we were already short with academy players as it was. We aren't signing MacDonald just to be in a weaker squad position. 

We'll see, but I think Naismiths mindset towards Gordon might not be the same as Hearts fans.

4 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I would hace bitten your hand off for that tie 

Pretty much guaranteed to get through and a ground ive not been to

Rangers away in quarters

Same boat. Spartans or Queens Park at Lesser Hampden for the chance of going through and the new ground factor.

Spartans must be a bit gutted though. In all likelihood they’ll get knocked out by County, the worst supported seeded team by a mile, but won’t even make that much money off the tie.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Hopefully not. The more paying bigots the more Saints get. £130,000 plus gate money will pay for another player. Then if we get through....

Was wondering how much we’ll make. I didn’t think it would be as much as that.

Hopefully Rangers won’t be able to take the rent for Hampden off the income to bring it down a bit.  Not sure how that sits, as the rules posted a page or so back said home teams take 15% then the rest is split, so hopefully it’s 15% of the total income and they take the hit for the rent out of that.

Is Jon McLaughlin maybe a better shout than Gordon? He's available and apparently not in demand, was excellent for Hearts before (although I'm not sure if he crossed paths with Levein). No idea if he has any desire to be a coach but feels like a player/coach offer with us might appeal to him? 

39 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was wondering how much we’ll make. I didn’t think it would be as much as that.

Hopefully Rangers won’t be able to take the rent for Hampden off the income to bring it down a bit.  Not sure how that sits, as the rules posted a page or so back said home teams take 15% then the rest is split, so hopefully it’s 15% of the total income and they take the hit for the rent out of that.

£100,000 for losing, £30,000 for TV then split gates. Kerr-fucking-ching.

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is Jon McLaughlin maybe a better shout than Gordon? He's available and apparently not in demand, was excellent for Hearts before (although I'm not sure if he crossed paths with Levein). No idea if he has any desire to be a coach but feels like a player/coach offer with us might appeal to him? 

I think Levein was at Hearts when McLaughlin was there. Would probably prefer him than Gordon at this stage. Worry about Gordon’s age and the injury he had. If we were interested in Gordon though and he wanted the move, couldn’t imagine Hearts standing in his way at this stage of his career.