Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Random with jambos on strings.

Some attitude they have.

One of their greatest players, who's given them so much and suffered so much with injuries, and they want him wasting his final season as a player sitting on their bench watching Zander Clark play just so they can register Jorge Grant to sit on the bench in Europe.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

and they want him wasting his final season as a player sitting on their bench watching Zander Clark play just so they can register Jorge Grant to sit on the bench in Europe.

Damn skippy.

Edited by Tony Wonder

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Random with jambos on strings.

That's an eccentric way of translating his desperate stream of hopium.

Hearing the deal for Craig Gordon has fallen through at the last hurdle as he was offered the chance to play back up to Jamie Macdonald for the B team. 

Not a chance that Gordon will be coming to Saints. We do however need either a more experienced backup player coach keeper or better still a more experienced number one.

I'd rather we tried out both Sinclair and Rae in the group stages as I think they are both about the same level, but right now, both don't seem premiership level, although hard to tell with Sinclair.

You all might hate the idea (think I do too), but a Scott Bain like signing is most likely. Even on loan. Or even a Jack Alnwick kind of back up EPL/championship player on loan in the same way Matthews came in. 

Wouldn't Celtic want to keep Bain for the same reason as Hearts wanting to keep Gordon and MacDonald, i.e. having another homegrown Scottish player to skirt by European competition?

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wouldn't Celtic want to keep Bain for the same reason as Hearts wanting to keep Gordon and MacDonald, i.e. having another homegrown Scottish player to skirt by European competition?

That was certainly the conversation earlier in pre season when there was talk of him leaving.

That it would be unlikely for the squad reg reasons. 

Can't see him being dying to leave either. Especially to the likes of Saints 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Adam Webb talking at the next fans forum evening on the 2/8/24

Aye, account might be worth a follow.

They should think about recording it. I know it's more of a private fans forum but those who can't make that time on a Friday or overseas fans etc would probably appreciate it!

Webb's interviews went down well with fans when the sale went through, probably because he talks well and didn't shy away from answering questions. 

Any idea why we aren't giving Aberdeen the Ormond stand for the first league game? Think they have sold out (or as near as) the way end and doubt we will sell out the home.

Or is the thinking that we might sell enough to need the Ormond? 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

Any idea why we aren't giving Aberdeen the Ormond stand for the first league game? Think they have sold out (or as near as) the way end and doubt we will sell out the home.

Or is the thinking that we might sell enough to need the Ormond? 

Lots of free tickets given out,to enhance the crowd  for Geoffs farewell