Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Was really encouraged by Matt Smith, you could see his confidence grow in the game as he realised he didn't have to get caught up in physical battles, his reading of the game and ability to get ahead of his man to win several tackles was really impressive.

MacPherson looked competent when he just played one or two touch without trying to think but that was rare, also several occasions he just took himself out of the game with a lazy attempt to win tackles or headers that wasn't bad enough to the casual eye to make it look like he wasn't doing anything but still awful. Attitude summed up when Smith wanted him to show short for a corner to drag the man out and create space, but because he knew the ball wasn't coming to him he just ambled and no-sold the whole thing, rancid player and now seemingly human being, can't say I'm surprised

1 minute ago, Nat King Goals said:

With Adam Webb's legal background, perhaps he can identify a way of terminating McPherson's contract off the back of social media.  Hopefully this has come to Webb's attention as it will likely have tarnished all the positive work for last night's game and the attempts to build an increased supporter base going forward. We are a family club after all.

If they can terminate McPherson's contract without paying a penny that would be excellent.

Well I've sent my views in to the 'ideas' email address, so he should have an idea. Might have gone a bit heavy in my use of the word c**t though.

Coming from an immigrant background, I've genuinely never experienced any of this shite in Scotland other than the Arse Cheeks, so kinda angered that it's come from within our own club. Made worse that it's come from the p***k I already despised!

Also Essel is the most intriguing player I've seen in a long time, his speed over shorter distances is insane and it looks so easy to him, always thought good players look like they're gliding and he does seem to do that while others are putting in way more effort, he's going to get sent off a few times this season however.

Sidibeh was clearly trying to play for himself however and any scouts watching with some of his decision making, and it's probably going to put off any scouts watching that last night, can't send in a positive report from that one

2 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

If you were to terminate employment based on political views he would win a tribunal comfortably. It’s not a sacking offence.

Yeah this is where I think my thinking is too.

I highly doubt he can be sacked for it, but he definitely can't play for us again now.

He's shafted everyone who showed him trust this Summer with this and with McClelland getting injured you have to feel sorry for Levein in a way.

3 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

If you were to terminate employment based on political views he would win a tribunal comfortably. It’s not a sacking offence.

We could however say he's not playing for the club again and loan him out to some poor b*****ds.

26 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Quite possible that someone at the club has had a word with him this morning about his social media. Certainly the new owners are much more aware of what is being said on line by fans than the browns. 

Proper journalists would maybe ask a question or two next time he is fronted up before the press, but we know they won't.

Think his mum follows a few Saints pages on Twitter, so it’s possible it’s come from her. 

The thing about these people is that any comeuppance just feeds their whole narrative that the world's against them and they're being marginalised and pushed out and can play the absolute victim, they don't understand that these things have consequences and as the saying goes "the dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed"

Can see him on some two bit podcast soon as "the cancelled footballer"

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

MacPherson also appears to be a fan of various anti-vax/COVID 19 conspiracy shite as well.

There was some bizzaro-world conspiracy theory insanity.  Which is fine, as far as it goes - nobody is going to take medical advice from a St Johnstone midfielder.  Once it gets to Tommy Robinson, it becomes an altogether more serious matter.

Clearly someone at the club has had a word though.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

There was some bizzaro-world conspiracy theory insanity.  Which is fine, as far as it goes - nobody is going to take medical advice from a St Johnstone midfielder.  Once it gets to Tommy Robinson, it becomes an altogether more serious matter.

Clearly someone at the club has had a word though.  

He's clearly as thick as mince but so are plenty of footballers who don't endorse this kind of shite. Especially with his banner picture being of him in the club colours.

43 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

I’m not sure it’s a case of a quiet word will do.

I’d consider it quite likely if he plays on Sunday he may well be booed by our support. Rightly or wrongly.

It shouldn’t get that far, but the only way of avoiding quite a horrible situation is to address is before then.

I think someone at the club must have spoken to him early on, but surely seeing the reactions from us all, more needs to be done.

He deserves to got booed and everything coming his way from the fans quite frankly.

From what I gather, he is on a contract thst is more heavily weighted to appearances than others, so to not play him probably saves us some money, while hopefully making sure we don't see him in a Saints shirt again. 

I think Cameron and Neilson will be good players for us and Raymond did really well.

One swallow with Matt Smith but that was better.

Essel should improve with each game, always needs to be remembered that he's only 18. Folk outside of our fanbase will try to do him down so it's important our support are patient and generous with him.

Kimpioka has come back looking like a man who wants to go places. The competion for places up front can only be healthy.

45 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

Was just reading it and thinking had folk gone mad 😂

While Robinson is an absolutely horrendous scumbag sacking someone because they retweeted one of his tweets just isn't even a remote possibility

They've allowed Roddy to retain his employment... 

I won't comment on MacPherson's politics, but he's a rubbish football player that I really don't want to have to watch for another year (or at least until his next long term injury, at which point he'll only return when it's time to start playing for a contract again). 

And a word for Makenzie Kirk- what an encouraging start he's made with us. He (and Clark) made a huge difference coming into the game last night. 

As long as we don't fall into the same trap as we did with Bair - launch the ball at him all day because he's tall - and use him correctly, I think he'll be a big player for us, probably off the bench for now.