Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, DavidReid01 said:

Crazy to think this is just the early stages of our documentary… it’s going to a bit of an anti climax if episode 1/2 is as good as it gets!

Can only hope this is the start of an absolute wild ride that becomes a huge hit and nets the club millions.

Matt Damon to play Craig Levein in the movie.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't see it tbh. If he was a much better player, I don't see this causing the outrage it has, it'd have been sweeped under the carpet a bit. At the end of the day, he's retweeted something a lot of us see as horrific but is currently flaring up across the UK and what he retweeted was a shite documentary by an absolute arsepiece but can't see that being enough to punt him.

A slap on the wrists by the club, his Twitter made private from now on and him continuing to be shite in the middle of the park for St Johnstone seems like the obvious result IMO.

Agree that the club can't or won't sack him as in a way it creates a bigger issue, but really cannot see him playing for saints again, hone too far for that now. Given he is only on a one year deal, we could easily freeze him out and just decide not to pick him. 

I'll be honest, like most, I'd not be able to back him in any form in a Saints shirt now, abilities aside. He could come out with a grovelling apology, but it wouldn't be sincere. For those arguing it is cancel culture and wokery,  you are entitled to your view, but as a season ticket holder and a fan long before and after he will be associated with the club, I want whatever is best for the whole club and the distraction he is bringing is not good for the club.

I'd rather young fans of the club had much more certainty that one of the senior players and one who has worn the captains armband this season, isn't someone who might want to influence their views towards this bile and for those who Robinson and his like despise, those fans don't have the feeling that one of their players also feels this way.

One other small point, Saints as a club quietly do a lot of work in the community with people of all ages and creeds including some if the very people the far right wishes weren't here. How could MacPherson represent the club on this if there is even a hint that he has similar views as Robinson?

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not a legal expert but I cannot see any outcome that results in his contract being terminated. 

I'm very anti Robinson as you've seen from some of the previous comments but I also don't think MacPherson should be punted for it either. 

Yes it's extremely stupid and I know often there is no heat without fire in terms of people generally don't retweet Robinson without being generally pro Tommy Robinson but...

You can't assume that though from one retweet and sack someone. That's dangerous territory. 

It's a bit of a jump between that retweet and "he's a far right racist"

In many settings - healthcare being the obvious one - one such tweet can easily bring an institution into disrepute.  If not a dismissal, a written formal warning.  

2 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Genuine point here, but doesn’t this all become a lot more difficult with Gus also working within the upper echelons of the footballing department…

He's not really his Dad I don't think

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Crazy to think this is just the early stages of our documentary… it’s going to a bit of an anti climax if episode 1/2 is as good as it gets!

Can only hope this is the start of an absolute wild ride that becomes a huge hit and nets the club millions.

Well, the guy has covered war zones etc before. Probably though a nice we cozy documentary about little old Saints would be a simple little side project and now it could end up being some tangent into the wider issues going on in the UK at the moment.

Maybe if the far right end up at McDiarmid, the dragging knuckles will sort out the bumps in the car park for free. 

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He's not really his Dad I don't think

I had it in my head well before the chat of Kirk etc that he was, but now doubting myself.

Cant see anything about it online, but do genuinely think it was discussed previously.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not a legal expert but I cannot see any outcome that results in his contract being terminated. 

I'm very anti Robinson as you've seen from some of the previous comments but I also don't think MacPherson should be punted either. 

Yes it's extremely stupid and I know often there is no heat without fire in terms of people generally don't retweet Robinson without being generally pro Tommy Robinson generally. 

You can't assume that though from one retweet and sack someone. That's dangerous territory. 

The unknown here is Adam Webb. It's a huge dilemma for him. Must be his worst nightmare that this negative publicity has happened right at the start of his tenure. He's got an employee publicly supporting a racist, convicted criminal who's inciting riot.

If MacPherson stays then Webb is going to have to justify that decision and it will probably continue to plague the club as long as MacPherson remains in Perth.

I had it in my head well before the chat of Kirk etc that he was, but now doubting myself.

Cant see anything about it online, but do genuinely think it was discussed previously.

They're not related.

2 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Someone's put it on Wikipedia but not sure that's correct. 

He does have a son who plays for Cowdenbeath though, I know that for sure from googling ages ago.

Surely Gus would stick the nut on him for calling himself "Cami" if he was his Dad though 😂

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In many settings - healthcare being the obvious one - one such tweet can easily bring an institution into disrepute. 

I have been wondering about this, especially with it now being reported widely by the BBC (its on their main football page and, apparently, was on the BBC news channel earlier), but I can't see how it's his fault (in a legal way of thinking) that it's blown up this much?

Adam Webb must be raging at this. Hands out free tickets to families and community projects, and less than 24hrs after a fairly successful night with a record crowd, this lands on his lap and the news around the club is negative.

I think that was all a joke.

8 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

With the benefit of a day to calm down and mull things over:

•  
  • The reaction to this is clearly exacerbated by it being him, who many Saints fans already hate due to how he conducts himself on the pitch. If it was Stevie May I'd be absolutely devastated but probably marginally more open to forgiveness.

•  

May’s ‘following’ list on Twitter makes for interesting reading. Robinson, Barton, Trump…

That’s purely for research purposes of course.