Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Latest nonsense from the local journalists.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13.00.48.png

Not sure it's that wild of a shout, but getting a new deal in front of Benji is a bigger priority than potentially earning a healthy fee for Adama IMO.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Is it wrong that the cynic in me thinks that there is a degree of expectation management here from client journalists? 'We ain't signing more players, so get it out there that fans should be happy if player x is still here in Sept...'

I'd rather we kept Sidibeh, but if we are going to lose him, I'd rather it was long before the window closes so we can reinvest the cash. If we end up again where we lose our best assets as the window closes, it would be a massive blow.

Given how well Benji has stepped up, Sidibeh going would be much less a blow than it would have seemed a few months back. I'd argue giving Benji a new deal is a priority, unless there is an option already in place to extend.

I'd argue that in a list of polls, the priory for the majority would be our number 8 going out the door. 

Peter O'Rourke must be on commission to flog Adama Sidibeh - now reporting a £500k release clause. 

It's pretty clear he/his agent are desperately trying to get a move to the championship for him. 

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

I don't mind agents doing their jobs but something stinks about Willie McKay.

Based on the news articles... There's a lot that stinks about him.

Sala flight. He threatened the Barrister at the inquest hearing as well. All the Sala stuff happened when he was banned from being an agent. 

Police investigated him after he made threats to kill Cardiff City staff. 

He's faced a a couple of fraud cases. 

Seeing on twitter fans of both Derby and Hull are claiming they are close to signing Sidibeh. He’s so good we sold him twice.

At least the last few weeks of the transfer window won’t be boring. IMG_5489.thumb.jpeg.2c26ff971485662deca10f2949025fc2.jpeg

It's mental that English football fans read the articles from the absolute sell out journalists and don't question it for a second. 

It's probably the 5th time the same journalist has stated the deal is imminent to the same 2 clubs and they fall for it every time!

Thick. As. Mince.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

He's also saying extending Benji's deal needs to be a top priority, when he knows fine well that's not going to happen. If he keeps current form up he'll get a good move in the summer. He was writing the exact same rubbish about Philips last season.

Benji’s form and the early promise of Kirk mean if Sidibeh does leave it doesn’t have to be the season ending event it felt like it would be in the summer.

Half a million to invest in areas that need it would be useful as well.

Having said all that, would love to see Adama and Benji play a full season together for us to enjoy watching them tear teams apart. Genuinely one of the most exciting partnerships up front we’ve had in a while.