Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

A cynic may say that Mr Webb, the more he speaks, has a good chance of being nicknamed "gobshite" in the near future.

That email he sent has me thinking a bit like this. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Big thanks to the ginger streaker for making me a Mod over on WAP. Canny wait to get the banhammer out. My first one will obviously be the melodramatic statto, any other requests?

Aye every f**ker. 

Hampden on Saturday. What’s the thoughts? I’ve got a good feeling. Rangers are nothing special.

Reasonably priced so a chance to take my kids to Hampden, one of them for the first time. 

Quite surprised the ticket sales have been poor so far with the novelty factor and the result at Rugby Park. 

21 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Hampden on Saturday. What’s the thoughts? I’ve got a good feeling. Rangers are nothing special.

Reasonably priced so a chance to take my kids to Hampden, one of them for the first time. 

Quite surprised the ticket sales have been poor so far with the novelty factor and the result at Rugby Park. 

Going. 

On the subject where are the Saints fans going for a beer before? 

Cause I don't really want to go to a bar and be surrounded in Rangers fans 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, tree house tam said:

A cynic may say that Mr Webb, the more he speaks, has a good chance of being nicknamed "gobshite" in the near future.

to be fair, I'm not sure now much hardball you can play if the contract was signed a few months before Webb arrived...other than get the £500k I suppose.

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Going. 

On the subject where are the Saints fans going for a beer before? 

Cause I don't really want to go to a bar and be surrounded in Rangers fans 🤷‍♂️

The town is your best bet, then train out to Mount Florida for kick off. That's what we're doing.

You seldom see OF fans in the town when they're playing at home*. They tend to stick to their 'bits'.

Edited by perthsaints99

Aye, I'm going through for it, but if we go for a drink before the match it'll be in the centre near Glasgow Central to make it easier. Dunno what to expect from the game actually, we're coming in off the back of an excellent result and Rangers aren't exactly setting the heather alight at a ground that isn't their home, plus there's a chance their game tonight could go to extra time. 

Bit of a free hit with 2 strikers full of confidence, let's just hope Levein has the minerals to play it that way, but given we went to Killie and played it, I suspect he might, he and saints literally have nothing to lose.

It's the best time to play the Old Firm in a cup IMO, and we have strikers who can hurt them.

I'm cautiously optimistic but aware there will be some naivety in our squad that might let us down when it matters defensively.

1 hour ago, Billy Budd said:

to be fair, I'm not sure now much hardball you can play if the contract was signed a few months before Webb arrived...other than get the £500k I suppose.

To be fair, he was the one saying the days of under contract players going for under their value were over.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah the more his agent pushes the "£500k release clause", the more it seems plausible tbh.

It'll be annoying to lose Mitov and Sidibeh to Aberdeen for under £1m combined, but I guess you offset that with what they earned us performance wise as they probably wouldn't join without a release clause, and both arguably kept us up last season.

FTFY

38 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

To be fair, he was the one saying the days of under contract players going for under their value were over.

You can only play the hand your dealt. £500k is his value....unfortunately.

Saints fans, how highly do you rate Sidibeh?

If the Dons are in for him I'd suspect he has a release clause and i'd suspect it's less than reported in the media.