Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

FWIW, Scott Burns is saying that there is "nothing in it" over on twitter.

Yeah the Record was using "Transfer insider" or whatever it was as their source but was quite quickly dismissed by the local jurno who I imagine confirmed with the club it was nonsense. 

His agent is definitely just paying people to post the nonsense rumours. Every few days there's a claim he's having a medical with random club X. Must be 7-8 different times now. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not crying about his agent because of this m8, McKay is the agent who put Emiliano Sala on a buckshee flight, on a dodgy plane, that led to his death, and then followed that up by continuously harassing and threatening Cardiff staff members to try and drop the court case against him.

He's a c**t.

Totally agree, wouldn't have anything to do with the chunt if I was a player, Sidibeh thinks different though.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Totally agree, wouldn't have anything to do with the chunt if I was a player, Sidibeh thinks different though.

Adama was playing at a non-league side in his mid 20’s. He only moved over from Gambia 2 years ago. He wouldn’t have a clue who McStay is.

I imagine parasite Willie McKay was just in there early pestering Sidibeh with stories of how rich he was going to make him. He probably will, but ensuring he lines his own pocket first and foremost.

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Adama was playing at a non-league side in his mid 20’s. He only moved over from Gambia 2 years ago. He wouldn’t have a clue who McStay is.

I imagine parasite Willie McKay was just in there early pestering Sidibeh with stories of how rich he was going to make him. He probably will, but ensuring he lines his own pocket first and foremost.

Yeah, parasites.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Any idea how many tickets we’ve sold for the Rangers game at Hampden? I feel they’re absolutely shite but at the same time fear a reaction to tonight’s defeat.

Not many. Just the grey boxes on the left. 

Screenshot_20240813-220733.png

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Rangers fans reckon they've sold a tiny amount (hard to know exactly what that is by Rangers standards, 15-20k?) too.

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

feel they’re absolutely shite but at the same time fear a reaction to tonight’s defeat.

The reaction I’m concerned about is the one from the referee. They are all so annoyed about that one bad decision, guaranteed to get a good few game changers in their favour over the next few games (seasons?)

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers fans reckon they've sold a tiny amount (hard to know exactly what that is by Rangers standards, 15-20k?) too.

FollowFollow saying around 16,000 sold, and they expect it to be between 20-25k tickets sold, but the actual attendance to be a couple thousand lower than whatever figure is announced.

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I see Callan Hamill has decided to stay. Signed a new contract.

I could be wrong but think someone said either here WAP or Banto, that he can’t sign for English team until 16, so is poss just part of the process of him going to Arsenal.

14 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I see Callan Hamill has decided to stay. Signed a new contract.

I think this contract is just the stop gap until going to Arsenal. 

It's now just about showing to other people young lads Saints is a good place to come (and whatever fee).

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's now just about showing to other people young lads Saints is a good place to come (and whatever fee).

Shame to see a young player leaving so early but at least he went down south.

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It will be exactly that and if we are clever poddibly adds a small bit of value to him as it will take him past 16.

I'm pretty sure the rules are £xk development fee up to 16 and thereafter you can put a value of the cost of coaching/development put in by the club.

Ideally, Arsenal negotiate a deal with saints above the development fee or below it, but with a degree of a sell on.

Others will know, but if he were to go on and be sold by Arsenal in the future, regardless of what is negotiated, we are entitled to a development fee up to a certain age. Sure St Mirren were entitled to some when McGinn went to Villa from hibs and possibly had Villa sold him on too? 

13 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

It will be exactly that and if we are clever poddibly adds a small bit of value to him as it will take him past 16.

I'm pretty sure the rules are £xk development fee up to 16 and thereafter you can put a value of the cost of coaching/development put in by the club.

Ideally, Arsenal negotiate a deal with saints above the development fee or below it, but with a degree of a sell on.

Others will know, but if he were to go on and be sold by Arsenal in the future, regardless of what is negotiated, we are entitled to a development fee up to a certain age. Sure St Mirren were entitled to some when McGinn went to Villa from hibs and possibly had Villa sold him on too? 

The development fee you mentioned at the end is minimal. Wonder if Saints may just waive the fee in return for a 10% sell on or a set fee after x amount of appearances etc.

Yeah it's just a 1 year deal so it'll just be to tick him over until he moves.

Seen talk it'll ~£100k we receive for him, so aye it might be worth waiving that if we get a sell on % instead.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it's just a 1 year deal so it'll just be to tick him over until he moves.

Seen talk it'll ~£100k we receive for him, so aye it might be worth waiving that if we get a sell on % instead.

I've read somewhere that it's £110k if he goes south of the border but around £50k if he remains in Scotland.