Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Hope Bev is OK, never heard a bad word about her.

This documentary lot couldn't have hoped for a better start.

C'mon Steve,  you're better than that second sentence. 

10 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Easiest option is to close the bottom 4 rows for the next game at McDiarmid ( the bit below the walkway)

No flags , no nothing. a few hundred seats not much financial effect but people will ask why when TV shows this.

Nope. That's almost as bad as the Cami statement.

Get them telt "f**k off, you're not getting back until you can act like humans. That includes the bigotry." If the SFA/SPFL have an issue with this they can get f**ked as well and tell them "you've had chances to stop this shite but pander to the both of them you useless c***s."

Strictly no away fans.

At the least it should be no Rangers fans in the Ormond, East or Geoff Brown stands, and there's no entry for away fans by car/bus/foot apart from the North gate.

Treat them like cattle and see how many turn on the scum in their support who caused it, who'll inevitably be there because the club will make sure they have tickets.

No fans at McDiarmid for any game this season, and any home fan found selling tickets to them for the home end banned from holding a season ticket again, what I want.

FYI the talk of banning them won't happen. 

Based on Webb's comments it was moving closer towards giving them more tickets than less. He was very keen to maximise the £ from them. 

"We need to find a way to maximise the income from the Old Firm without upsetting our own fans". 

If our fans don't start going to those games. They'll end up with the tickets. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Based on Webb's comments it was moving closer towards giving them more tickets than less. He was very keen to maximise the £ from them. 

"We need to find a way to maximise the income from the Old Firm without upsetting our own fans". 

Then his time in charge of the club will be fruitless and cost him a lot of money.

I think there will be a response, this wasn't just a fan attacked, this was an employee of the club being attacked while doing their job.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

C'mon Steve,  you're better than that second sentence. 

To be fair if the people filming this documentary are neutral/outsourced (I assume they ate) then incidents like these are exactly what they are looking for. I don’t think it’s out of order to say that. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Nope. That's almost as bad as the Cami statement.

Get them telt "f**k off, you're not getting back until you can act like humans. That includes the bigotry." If the SFA/SPFL have an issue with this they can get f**ked as well and tell them "you've had chances to stop this shite but pander to the both of them you useless c***s."

Strictly no away fans.

The SPFL surely wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if St Johnstone banned Rangers fans completely due to their handling of away tickets for the Bigot Cup over the last couple of seasons.

On 14/08/2024 at 07:36, johnoswald2712 said:

The reaction I’m concerned about is the one from the referee. They are all so annoyed about that one bad decision, guaranteed to get a good few game changers in their favour over the next few games (seasons?)

I wish I was as accurate when it comes to picking the lottery numbers 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This is it with Webb though. Business over all else, which is his perogative tbf.

I don't want him to pander to all fans demands but I do want him to get the big moral questions right. It's a tough gig.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This is it with Webb though. Business over all else, which is his perogative tbf.

I don't want him to pander to all fans demands but I do want him to get the big moral questions right. It's a tough gig.

I think the fact it's a club employee makes their decision easier. You simply can't have fans attacking club staff while they're working.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the fact it's a club employee makes their decision easier. You simply can't have fans attacking club staff while they're working.

It should but I'll believe it when I see it with the new owners. Let's just say I'm not bowled over with their bluster. Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by tree house tam

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Think Saints fans should force his hand. Just like the cup game 2 seasons ago we should leave Webb in no doubt that if he doesn’t ban them then we won’t be there to support his team 

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Good.

Hopefully a hefty fine/lengthy prison sentence awaits.

You’d like to think so, when you see what’s being dished out to some of those involved in the ‘right wing riots’ recently. Hangers on, using the unrest as an excuse for trashing and robbing shops etc.

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It should but I'll believe it when I see it with the new owners. Let's just say I'm not bowled over with their bluster. Actions speak louder than words.

Yeah the MacPherson situation being handled as it was (still no idea what "punishment" he got) means he can't f**k this up.

Can't make big promises about getting fans onside and attracting them back and then never back them up.

Mixed feelings about the match. Thought we were competitive and fairly positive in the way we played the game, but rangers were shite and there for the taking.  We’ll never get a better chance to beat them.

Rae still looks a bit erratic to me, he has good moments but spills the ball a lot. Drey Wright needs a boot up the backside or dropped. Seems to think his job is to take throw ins and just saunter about the rest of the match; he’s offering very little just now.

The midfield is still woefully light. I know Smith had a great half against Aberdeen but other than that I’m still not convinced he offers enough, and MacPherson is nowhere near good enough.  Adama needs to get some game awareness and learn how to hold the ball up. Should learn from Benji. Pretty sure it was Adama’s carelessness that lost the ball for rangers opening goal. 

But overall we look a lot more competent that expected. The defence and our attack are exceeding expectations. Two good starting midfielders and we’ll have a decent season.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

You’d like to think so, when you see what’s being dished out to some of those involved in the ‘right wing riots’ recently. Hangers on, using the unrest as an excuse for trashing and robbing shops etc.

Dunno, not sure how you could compare the right wing rioters, who waved union Jack's, trashed places, sung about a group of immigrants to go home and stole stuff, to rangers fa...... oh. 🤔

Throw the book at them and if Rangers as a club had anything about them, they'd wade in to even with a bland statement about the club not condoning them etc.

I'd say ideally ban them, but you can guarantee police Scotland would come out with some nonsense about being bigger disorder with their fans turning up with no tickets, so if we have to have them, main stand but only and charge £200 a ticket, no pie stall and ticket proceeds going to a charity supporting women suffering from violence and make it all very very public.