Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think the point is fair enough. Tomorrow either makes it a reasonable start to the season or poor one.

That isn't so much of an issue if there a few good signings today as the argument is still that something is building.

What we explicitly don't need is squad fillers. The group needs to be at a manageable level for the next few months, not full of guys who know they aren't getting near to a game.

It's a double edged sword. If the players he wants are unattached but are waiting it out till the end of the window to see if they get better offers? Well we may get players that were otherwise unattainable. The other side is do they really want to be at Saints? Probably not and certainly not at the money they were offered.

Surprised he hasn't went down the loan route and one of the names I heard is currently out of contract.

11 minutes ago, Gas Minkey said:

Macauley Tait

They boy who started that rumour is a "journalist" who has about 50 followers on Twitter and a generic profile photo of a guy stolen from Pinterest.

52 minutes ago, GreekPhoenix said:

Just had it on good authority that Corey Kirk is joining us from Livingston.

Has Levein's shadow got any other kids hidden away.

This just gets worse!💩

31 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why are people so aggressively triggered by the suggestion of another Kirk child? He's 17!

Are people regulars are Livi B and youth games? 🤷‍♂️

Well, if Max is going out, we'd needed to replace one son of the coaching team with another... 😆

Personally, I've no objection with signing him, but I think when we can all see the gaps in the side and Levein has publically identified them (he probably disagrees on the need for a keeper), if we end up signing a b team player and nothing else, it is a maddive failure.

i still think we'll bring in a couple of first team outfield players (possibly not both before tonight), but thst os not going to be enough tbh. 

22 hours ago, Kyle said:

The collective heads gone when we sign one 22 year old on loan from Crawley is going to be a sight to behold

Could do a lot worse than copy their recruitment structure tbf. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why are people so aggressively triggered by the suggestion of another Kirk child? He's 17!

Are people regulars are Livi B and youth games? 🤷‍♂️

Tbf we currently have one of the best u18 sides in the country. Is he going to be better enough than anyone in there to justify him signing, seeing as they're roughly the same ages?