Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Read his quotes from it in the paper there. 

Reading it, he comes across well. No bitterness and probably correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's relieved in a way.

It's probably best for his overall health to be out the managerial game and it's something to consider with TW too. When you reach that age and have years away from day to day management getting back into it could be exhausting and too much.

In a sicko sort of way I'm starting to wonder if we'll manage to beat Livingstons record low points tally of 18 (ignoring Gretna who got about 30 then a massive points deduction)

I've absolutely no idea why we got a free kick there. Refs just giving free kicks at every tackle.

9 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Don't know if there is any extent to which this was Andy Kirk's 'try-out' for the job, but if it was, never mind the performance - subbing on Macpherson means its a 'NO' from me. New manager please

Good to know he peruses the forum before finalising decisions.

3 minutes ago, hamicle said:

You wait months for us to do something from a free kick and two come along at once. 

MacPherson would've floated both to the back post then thrown his hands around when it went straight out.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

He's not said anything controversial despite some attempts from the host to ask about differences between webb and brown (almost hinting that Webb is being a p***k )

Old boys network being protective.

Turning into an old man before my very eyes but what the f**k do they do all week? We've got a glaring weakness that seems to get worse week after week.

They cannot defend basic balls into the box. It's verging on pathetic. We're a team that's always expected to battle yet we've got 3 central defenders who cannot do the basic. 

The saints tv commentary trying to be positive but from the top of my head that's 5 goals in the league already from crosses into the box? 💩

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Turning into an old man before my very eyes but what the f**k do they do all week? We've got a glaring weakness that seems to get worse week after week.

They cannot defend basic balls into the box. It's verging on pathetic. We're a team that's always expected to battle yet we've got 3 central defenders who cannot do the basic. 

The saints tv commentary trying to be positive but from the top of my head that's 5 goals in the league already from crosses into the box? 💩

I don't think it's a coaching issues. It's just a bunch of incompetent defenders who bottle it. No aggression or desire to win a fight, and no brainpower to organise others. 

Whoever we get as a manager, they need to be given every penny of the £1.6 m we are getting. He can then get us a keeper and at least 4 defenders with it. Not one of the defenders playing today is capable of playing in the top league. In fact, it would be a struggle to think they would play in any senior professional team