Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd put a chart up for him but I've had heavy imposter syndrome about them for the past month so have pretty much demolished the entire code trying to rebuild it, so aye.

Think it's promising he'll have had a decent time to train with the team before a potential debut v County aswell, as I feel like he will be chucked straight in if he signs.

Still no idea how Valakari will set us up either so f**k knows what County are preparing for.

Humbling evening for the U18s on Thursday. Plenty credit gone their way over the past few years for performances both within their CAS group and against Elite sides in competitions like the one they've just exited.

Hopefully an experience that makes them stronger.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Humbling evening for the U18s on Thursday. Plenty credit gone their way over the past few years for performances both within their CAS group and against Elite sides in competitions like the one they've just exited.

Hopefully an experience that makes them stronger.

Aye, seems like it's a St Johnstone 'thing' to not be able to hold out in the dying minutes.

On 12/10/2024 at 19:01, johnoswald2712 said:

It’s usually Robbie Liddle 

Surprisingly hard to find out of he's the manager or Alec Cleland, or it if just depends on the timing of games and who's best suited for it on that particular day (likely dependent on first team duties for Cleland).

I'm sure one of the youth was quoted last season thanking Cleland for leading them.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surprisingly hard to find out of he's the manager or Alec Cleland, or it if just depends on the timing of games and who's best suited for it on that particular day (likely dependent on first team duties for Cleland).

I'm sure one of the youth was quoted last season thanking Cleland for leading them.

The problem is that Saints are light of coaches in the academy. Just another example of how the club has been allowed to drift in terms of structure and off the field set up.

There will be a lot behind the scenes that Webb and co will be addressing that as fans we will never really notice and this will be one of them. 

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Bozo signs until the end of the season.

Sensible move, short term deal and if it works great, if not then it is what it is. Hes also called Bozo which is obviously a great name and adds to our multi-national contingency. 

On 15/10/2024 at 19:51, RandomGuy. said:

See Eric Nicolson saying he doesn't think Valakaris work permit has been done yet.

Would be the most St. Johnstone thing that we promote the games and give out ticket for Simo’s first game only for the work permit not to be cleared.

It would add some Hollywood to the documentary if it arrived at half time on Sat and he gets down to the touchline to turn the game around 😂

2 hours ago, supersaint44 said:

It would add some Hollywood to the documentary if it arrived at half time on Sat and he gets down to the touchline to turn the game around 😂

I'm sure I recently saw Eric Nicolson (or otherwise Robert Thomson) suggesting that the documentary was in doubt and there hadn't been any cameras at McDiarmid since the opening league match.

12 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm sure I recently saw Eric Nicolson (or otherwise Robert Thomson) suggesting that the documentary was in doubt and there hadn't been any cameras at McDiarmid since the opening league match.

Don't know about the documentary but I've seen the girl who was working as part of the documentary filming inside the East Stand and Muirton Suite at recent games.