Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The club is delighted to announce that 30-year-old midfielder Murray Davidson has signed a new two-year-deal. Both Murray and Saints boss Tommy Wright have been speaking about the news today. https://t.co/CImtRU0M2M https://t.co/lAKEVCLG2N

Was posted not that long ago

That's refreshing G_MAN, a Dee coming in here with news we all knew that was happening, rather than "there must be something up if it's not been publicised" shite Yenitit and Spud spout when in here.

Saints will be fine next season, more attacking style I'm led to believe.

Goalkeepers

12. Zander Clark (2020)

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (2019)

5. Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

24. Brian Easton (2019)

3. Scott Tanser (2019)

23. Liam Gordon (2019)

14. Aaron Comrie (2019)

15. Jason Kerr (2020) 

Midfielders

??. Drey Wright (2020) - signed from Colchester United

10. David Wotherspoon (2019)

4. Blair Alston (2019) + 1

8. Murray Davidson (2020) + 1

26. Liam Craig (2019)

20. Kyle McClean (2019)

21. Stefan Scougall (2019)

37. Ali McCann (2019)

Strikers

16. David McMillan (2020)

25. Chris Kane (2020) 

31. Greg Hurst (2019) 

50. Callum Hendry (2020)

Leaving the Club/released

Alan Mannus (Shamrock Rovers) - freedom of contract

Keith Watson - released 

Cameron Thomson - released

Cameron Lumsden - released

Chris Millar - released

Daniel Jardine - released

Jamie Docherty - released

Steven Maclean (Hearts) - freedom of contract

Loans Ended

George Williams

Matty Willock

Denny Johnstone

Out of Contract

Ben McKenzie

Mark Hurst

Steven Anderson

I've moved the out of contract players out of the squad list until we find out what's going on with them. Tanser himself has confirmed he's signed a new contract so will leave him where he is - just waiting for the length of the deal to be confirmed. I think it will be 1 year with another one of these appearances clauses, which is back in fashion apparently.

If Anderson re-signs, the only real holes left in the squad are back up goalie, a Millar-esque central midfielder and another wide option or two. If we're being greedy, another striker would be fabulous, a right back to replace Mr Angry and the competition winner ( copyright Sadford) and a b*****d (copyright Sadford again) at centre back. I'd like the post-split Willock back too. Not the one pre-split as he looked like he hadn't played in a football match in his life, just the post-split one. 

Reality is we'll get a cheap back up goalie, a centre mid who'll likely fall well short of the standard set by Millar and probably 2 attacking players - one who can play predominantly on the wings, the other who'll be able to play on the wing or up top.

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

The deal that brought him and Mackay to Saints rivals Larsson to Celtic in terms of value for money imo.

Praise the Lord for corrupt Italians. 

Give me Jason Naismith, Greg Tansey, Matty Willock, George Williams and Alex Schalk and ill be a happy man. I don't ask much. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:42, Costanza said:

Any reason the video is not being used until the summer? Surely could have been part of the build up to today? As ever feel like a lot more could have been done to promote today’s game, not just to do with reducing the price, just more of a thing made that it is last time will see three genuine club legends.

This was an extra done by myself and one of the young volunteers for his college work. The club do have someone working in the office posting and doing interviews so we have been requested to hold onto it for the time to avoid duplication. There is also the need to keep posting items over the next few weeks when the players are away on holiday and there is little news.  I'd have loved to have posted the video on Thursday night but that's not what the club wanted.

I guess its the same with signings, they will all have been done, pictures taken etc and then they will be spread out over the next few weeks to keep the club feed busy.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

I'm also in the not fussed about Williams camp. Very little end product. 

Possibly just not match sharp after his injuries though.

1 assist and 0 goals doesn't make great reading but he has been involved in other moves that have lead to chances/goals and has been unlucky a few times in front of goal too.

I'm by no means desperate for him to stay but I think he's shown enough to justify Wright trying to get him in permanently. He'll no doubt be on a small fortune at Fulham though and his on pitch contribution so far certainly wouldn't merit us over stretching ourselves to get him in. 

I think he'd do well for us with a proper pre-season under his belt. I get the impression he was only just getting up to full speed as the season ended.

1 assist and 0 goals doesn't make great reading but he has been involved in other moves that have lead to chances/goals and has been unlucky a few times in front of goal too.
I'm by no means desperate for him to stay but I think he's shown enough to justify Wright trying to get him in permanently. He'll no doubt be on a small fortune at Fulham though and his on pitch contribution so far certainly wouldn't merit us over stretching ourselves to get him in. 
I think he'd do well for us with a proper pre-season under his belt. I get the impression he was only just getting up to full speed as the season ended.

I think that’s fair to say. He hadn’t played a lot of football for the last 18 months and was beginning to show signs of real talent. I think he sees things others don’t and has an ability to beat a man others don’t, which we were starting to see. His performance on Saturday was Swanson-esq. He also had games where nothing came off and he looked worse than a man down, if Williams can deliver 5/6 goals a the same in assists a season, which I believe he could he’s definitely worth signing.

It also appears that he and his partner are loving life in Dunblane with their new born son, so that must play a part in all this too. Although having Callum Davidson as a nearby neighbour might put him off totally!

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

I'm scared.

It's going to be a long months wait until the strips unveiled for you then 

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's going to be a long months wait until the strips unveiled for you then 

Ambitious.

I'm fully prepared for the unveiling to take place when the teams run out for our first pre-season friendly, with the players wearing last year's shorts because the new ones haven't arrived yet.

20 minutes ago, Stelling said:

Ambitious.

I'm fully prepared for the unveiling to take place when the teams run out for our first pre-season friendly, with the players wearing last year's shorts because the new ones haven't arrived yet.

With the season ticket packs being handed out at the turnstiles the same day.