Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Clark would be a better striker for a Premiership team IMO. McManus will run himself into the ground every week and give 100%, but Clark is much more likely to get the goals.

Yeah Clark is clinical (almost). Much more instinctive than McManus in front of goal, but although he isn't he can sometimes appear to be a bit lazy.

Give him the service and he'll score regularly, even for a wee club like St Johnstone.

40 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

First of all, viva George O’Boyle.

Let’s be honest, if we sign either of these Fife diddies it will be to polish boots and warm the bench. Being good at Dunfermline and being good at St Johnstone are two very different things. 

As someone who grew up while St Johnstone were an utter and complete irrelevance, this one stings.

I think Clark would be a sure bet for 10-15 goals for you lot next season, if you have even half decent service. You'll be playing shite teams like Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As someone who grew up while St Johnstone were an utter and complete irrelevance, this one stings.

I think Clark would be a sure bet for 10-15 goals for you lot next season, if you have even half decent service. You'll be playing shite teams like Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee.

I doubt he'd reach double figures. McMillan and Kane will start as the first choices, Hendy is highly rated and looks class aswell, so realistically if the new striker isn't better than Kane/McMillan they'll be competing to be third choice

Just now, tree house tam said:

I think we could all be shocked with the rise of Hendry next season, if he stays fit I think he'll do very well.

This. He's looked superb and dare I say it, the most complete of our strikers. Literally has it all in terms of pace, strength and skill. 

Can't remember him ever having a shot though.. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

He hit the shot that led to Spoonys goal at Hamilton, good save tbf.

Fair play, wasn't there tbh. 

It's the only issue I have with out strikers. Kane is absolutely stinking on a 1v1 with the keeper and McMillan hasn't had one that I can remember, would be nice to have someone you expect to score when clean through. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair play, wasn't there tbh. 

It's the only issue I have with out strikers. Kane is absolutely stinking on a 1v1 with the keeper and McMillan hasn't had one that I can remember, would be nice to have someone you expect to score when clean through. 

That's why I'd prefer Shalk to Clark, although County fans say he misses his fair share.

2 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

I would take Nicky Clark .

Course you would. You obviously don't have cow dung for brains like some of your fellow supporters.

Clark is good enough for a mid-table team in the SPL like St Johnstone.

Whatever it's called, when real football clubs like mighty Dunfermline come up it'll enhance the league considerably.

Last time I saw a half decent crowd in Perth was at Muirton in the mid 70's and Pars fans made up more than half the crowd.

Is there room for cars at the Tractor park next to the ground, or would an away fan be batter parking at the cattle market just along the road?

35 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Whatever it's called, when real football clubs like mighty Dunfermline come up it'll enhance the league considerably.

Last time I saw a half decent crowd in Perth was at Muirton in the mid 70's and Pars fans made up more than half the crowd.

Is there room for cars at the Tractor park next to the ground, or would an away fan be batter parking at the cattle market just along the road?

Can tell you've been out the Premiership a while!!

The mart shut about 9 year ago & the field you're refering to as a tractor park next to the stadium is now a training ground!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

40 minutes ago, Piracy said:

You'll likely never find out. 

I’m confused, are the Saints fans trying to force some sort of rivalry between ourselves?

That’s Livingston levels of desperation, lads.