Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm not shocked in the slightest Kerr is now getting interest from down south. Really developed as a player when he was with us and he's continued that trajectory when he's back at you and in the first team. Hope your board hold out for a sizeable bid, he's definitely worth it.

8 hours ago, Radford said:

Just how long do you think Steve Brown pondered over the £100,000 (ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND) offer for Jason Kerr?

:lol: tinpot as f**k, think we can safely ignore their chances of signing him.

8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm not shocked in the slightest Kerr is now getting interest from down south. Really developed as a player when he was with us and he's continued that trajectory when he's back at you and in the first team. Hope your board hold out for a sizeable bid, he's definitely worth it.

Suggestion that our plan seems to be we'll give him an extra 12 months on contract in this window with a decent pay rise, then there'll be a bidding war in the Summer.

Sure perthsaint1977 said there was an EPL side watching him last week, and there's been people claiming current Championship sides have been watching him since he was at you lot.

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

What is it with these tinpot clubs? Peterborough were the same with Stevie May. A few hundred grand, in bloody installments.

Was it not something embarrassing like £300k in three instalments, over three years, then some clauses to take it a wee bit higher.

Sure their chairman had a fucking meltdown when it got rejected.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Don't think I'd get out of bed for 100 grand, especially if it meant I'd be going to such a shitehole as Barnsley.

He'd be getting away from "diddy scotchball" and be able to play luminaries of world football like Walsall, Oxford and Plymouth every week.

We'd also be getting £50k a season, money that would keep us afloat.

Accept it I say.

I'm hoping one the areas Wright is looking at is a ball-playing defensive central midfielder. Craig's done exceptional well given the circumstances but we could do with a more natural choice there. Would hope rather we looking at that than back up for right back.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suggestion that our plan seems to be we'll give him an extra 12 months on contract in this window with a decent pay rise, then there'll be a bidding war in the Summer.

Sure perthsaint1977 said there was an EPL side watching him last week, and there's been people claiming current Championship sides have been watching him since he was at you lot.

His improvement has been exponential so I'm not surprised by any of that. Hope wherever he goes, if he goes, he really kicks on as he has potential for Scotland caps IMO.

Just now, Big Fifer said:

His improvement has been exponential so I'm not surprised by any of that. Hope wherever he goes, if he goes, he really kicks on as he has potential for Scotland caps IMO.

No way he'll get any caps while he's still with us. He'll probably be in one of the first couple of squads after his move though.

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

I'm hoping one the areas Wright is looking at is a ball-playing defensive central midfielder. Craig's done exceptional well given the circumstances but we could do with a more natural choice there. Would hope rather we looking at that than back up for right back.

Completely agree with this. it's a gaping hole in an otherwise good squad (albeit it's slightly unbalanced until Scougall/McMillan are moved on).

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Completely agree with this. it's a gaping hole in an otherwise good squad (albeit it's slightly unbalanced until Scougall/McMillan are moved on).

Tbf, if there's nothing out there (Tansey :() we'd be aswell saving the powder under the Summer window.