Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Are we any clearer where Joe is actually going? Is there no chance that he may just end up staying with us? Hoping we drip feed some signings over the next 2/3 weeks. It’s all gone a little quiet for my liking.

ETA - Even just a contract extension on Matty or Zander would suffice for now.

10 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I think if we were on our way up then yes, not if we were on our way down. Would manage 5000 home fans if we were 11th I think, depending on who we were playing. 

Would also depend on how we were playing. Not sure St Mirren would have sold out their stadium if they had been playing as pathetically as Dundee were the last few weeks. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

United fans talk about his club wanting over £300k for him.

Really?

Seems a strange one, as if they rated him surely they wouldn't be loaning him out, especially not to the level they did. He's 24, so not as if he's just a youngster needing match experience.

Any idea if Aalborg paid a fee for him initially?

13 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

No chance.

No doubt others will think I'm just being cynical but plenty of our armchairs fans already want TW out and slag the team as it is.

They're hardly going to come along to to be supportive when the going actually gets tough!

Isn't it just some of the absolute roasters on the banter page?  Even on there they get the piss taken out of them by the posters with the ability to write three successive words correctly. 

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Isn't it just some of the absolute roasters on the banter page?  Even on there they get the piss taken out of them by the posters with the ability to write three successive words correctly. 

I don't frequent the banter pages, but I would not have thought that anyone with any credibility would be suggesting that. 

Watching the game in the pub yesterday I did come across a fan that was adamant that we'd be relegated next year, so I can well believe that some folk have wild views. 

Algeria and former Newcastle midfielder Mehdi Abeid, 26, wants to return to the Premier League Scottish Premiership this summer rather than sign a new deal with French side Dijon(L'Equipe - in French)
Well, Tam did suggest we were aiming high...
If he's still the same player, and I assume he is, Saints should move heaven and earth to get him. A quality act.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Mehdi is an absolute star, he'd instantly become the best midfielder in this country. I still think he's well above what Saints could afford and will be very surprised if we actually signed him. Wait till you hear about the striker lads....

the guy was on 10k a week at Dijon, a pretty key player and has said he wants to go to the english prem

how much money have we freed up on wages to get both him and sandaza back this summer :wub:

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Mehdi is an absolute star, he'd instantly become the best midfielder in this country. I still think he's well above what Saints could afford and will be very surprised if we actually signed him. Wait till you hear about the striker lads....

Wee hint then Thomas?

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Really?

Seems a strange one, as if they rated him surely they wouldn't be loaning him out, especially not to the level they did. He's 24, so not as if he's just a youngster needing match experience.

Any idea if Aalborg paid a fee for him initially?

I'm clueless about it tbh, just what I've read from their fans on here, they were talking about trying to get him permanently a month or so ago.

Talking to a couple of people over the past two days (who are not prone to spreading wild rumours) both have said that there are two players who will be leaving the club.I am lead to believe that one will be MacMillan but the other is not necessary Anderson.Also one of them said that there is a player signed but it will not be announced until next week 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

If two are leaving and one isn't Anderson, Swanson is the most obvious alternative I would say. A player who famously needs games to get up to speed and was only afforded 6 starts in the league all season, 3 of which were against Celtic and another was on the final day of the season.