Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Some of the replies on that twitter thread are absolutely tragic.

He won't ever get a game out wide. He's not as good as Muzz or Callachan in the advanced central role and he's never a holding midfielder. A decent squad player, but he's not progressed as you'd have hoped after signing. He'll get a game for another bottom 6 side no bother, but we're miles ahead of that and will be aiming for the title when the striker signs.

Thanks and all the best, Blair.

Exactly. He’s never kicked on or even nailed down a starters spot. He’s decent squad material, but never really contributes anything except a few goals at Ibrox. I liked Alston, but I’m not sad to see him go.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I think you could be surprised,  I'll be fucking surprised,  we're only needing 4 players and 2 will be of a different  class imo.

I have a similar view. Another financially solid season, and we've let a few go. 

Quality over quantity. Finisher and midfield holder/creator to complete the jigsaw and a strong push for Europe please. 

As for Alston, wish him all the best but he's not a big loss. 

Can understand the thinking regarding letting Alston go. He has a lot of technical ability and did okay for Saints over his time here, without consistently hitting the heights.  Scored some spectacular goals for us.

Felt he was very unlucky to be dropped out of the picture this season when he was doing well, especially with the ultimately flawed introduction of Goss.

Could see him going to Dundee or Utd and doing well, as I'd imagine they'll be able to pay better wages than much of the bottom six?  Could work out well for Blair as well, as he's now at an age where he should be a regular starter rather than a squad player.

All the best to him wherever he ends up.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Can understand the thinking regarding letting Alston go. He has a lot of technical ability and did okay for Saints over his time here, without consistently hitting the heights.  Scored some spectacular goals for us.

Felt he was very unlucky to be dropped out of the picture this season when he was doing well, especially with the ultimately flawed introduction of Goss.

Could see him going to Dundee or Utd and doing well, as I'd imagine they'll be able to pay better wages than much of the bottom six?  Could work out well for Blair as well, as he's now at an age where he should be a regular starter rather than a squad player.

All the best to him wherever he ends up.

Hamilton, Dundee, ICT, County, Dunfermline and Falkirk all been linked with Alston. He'd be too sensible a signing for United.

I've heard he signed for Falkirk last week.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Found the right log in...

I enjoyed it, folk will probably moan about the "personal feelings" part of it (the but about Kerr not getting a cap while at Saints), but I'll certainly read them if it's a regular thing.

Hes off to Falkirk.

I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. A. Because our budget will have a sizeable hole in it now we are in the seaside leagues. 

B. He's capable of playing at a higher level and will have suitors.

C. We are in such a fucking nick at boardroom level at present, nobody has a clue what's happening. 

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. A. Because our budget will have a sizeable hole in it now we are in the seaside leagues. 

B. He's capable of playing at a higher level and will have suitors.

C. We are in such a fucking nick at boardroom level at present, nobody has a clue what's happening. 

I don't often get told things, but the rest of what he told me was accurate so its just the Alston to Falkirk bit to come true now.

I'm stunned Alston has decided to stay in the Premiership instead of playing against the likes of Peterhead and Stranraer in front of 90,000 fans every other week at 3rd Division Falkirk. 

Been touched on before but looks to me like there is going to be money available this summer. 

Since the window closed last August, we've done the following business:

Permanent

In
Michael O'Halloran

Out
Blair Alston
Joe Shaughnessy
Brian Easton
Tony Watt
Mark Hurst
Greg Hurst
Stefan Scougall

Loans

In/Out
Cammy Bell
Sean Goss
Niall Keown

Out/In
Steven Anderson
David McMillan
Kyle McClean
Ali McCann

Returns
Callum Hendry

Ended
Tristan Nydam
Conor Mitchell

Pavol Šafranko at Utd be worth a look?

He’s been on loan to them from AaB in Denmark this season, plays as a striker and looked good on the ball with an eye for goal from the few occasions I’ve seen him, though not great today.  12 goals in 33 appearances for Utd apparently.

Slovak international, 24 years old.

Signed at Aalborg until 2021, but you’ve got to feel they can’t rate him too highly if they’re loaning him out to a Scottish second tier side.. would imagine Utd must have made a sizeable contribution to his wages.  Aalborg might be keen to get him off their wage bill?

44 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Pavol Šafranko at Utd be worth a look?

He’s been on loan to them from AaB in Denmark this season, plays as a striker and looked good on the ball with an eye for goal from the few occasions I’ve seen him, though not great today.  12 goals in 33 appearances for Utd apparently.

Slovak international, 24 years old.

Signed at Aalborg until 2021, but you’ve got to feel they can’t rate him too highly if they’re loaning him out to a Scottish second tier side.. would imagine Utd must have made a sizeable contribution to his wages.  Aalborg might be keen to get him off their wage bill?

United fans talk about his club wanting over £300k for him.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

If we (god forbid) ended up in a play-off final - would we get the same level of support coming out of the woodworks as our Buddie counterparts did? I like to think that we would... emoji102.png

No chance.

No doubt others will think I'm just being cynical but plenty of our armchairs fans already want TW out and slag the team as it is.

They're hardly going to come along to to be supportive when the going actually gets tough!