Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I hope this isn't going to go on for weeks as it seems a pretty easy equation to solve. Aberdeen want him out, May is happy to move, we want him in and have made huge savings on wages. I'm not saying we'll ever be able to match Aberdeen's wage but surely we'll have the resources to make him a very decent offer or at least make up a decent percentage of what Aberdeen are paying? Given what we would've been paying Watt, Alston, Shaughnessy etc, you'd certainly hope so.

37 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Let's not be the second club after his injury to be drawn into paying over the odds. Let's leave that stuff for the Aberdeens and Dundee Uniteds of this world, we're better than that Saints. 

Spot on.

If it's a decent deal then let's do it. If it's us paying way over the odds out of sentimentality to cover Aberdeens f**k up then walk away.

Many of you heading up for the game on Friday?

It's meant to be fucking it down all week in Inverness so we might all get a big cuddle behind the goal in the covered terrace.

Many of you heading up for the game on Friday?
It's meant to be fucking it down all week in Inverness so we might all get a big cuddle behind the goal in the covered terrace.

I live in Invershneckie now so I might head along. With all the rain that’s forecast though I wouldn’t be surprised if it was called off.

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

Craig Davidson

Wright Kennedy O'Halloran

May

I have a massive erection at the thought of that front four. We are going to stop 10 in a row, easy. 

8 minutes ago, deej said:

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

Craig Davidson

Wright Kennedy O'Halloran

May

I have a massive erection at the thought of that front four. We are going to stop 10 in a row, easy. 

Take out Craig and Davidson and play Wotherspoon and Swanson instead.

Win every game 21-20

38 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Take out Craig and Davidson and play Wotherspoon and Swanson instead.

Win every game 21-20

Alternatively -

Clark

Kerr

Davidson Craig

O'Halloran Wotherspoon Swanson Kennedy Wright 

May Maclean

We don't need any extra defenders as Kerr will stop everything. Don't really even need Clark tbh but Kerr might need some company while the front 7 tear apart the opposition. And I've decided Hearts don't need Macca. 

Clark

Kerr      Anderson     Gordon

O'Halloran                        Craig                              Wright

Wotherspoon  Kennedy  Davidson

May

2 new wing backs and attacking formation. It does not matter that the wing backs can't tackle. They are attacking wing backs. As long as O'Halloran does not give away too many penalties with his rash tackles and only try and beat 3 of their players inside our box, we will do fine. :)

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I hope this isn't going to go on for weeks as it seems a pretty easy equation to solve. Aberdeen want him out, May is happy to move, we want him in and have made huge savings on wages. I'm not saying we'll ever be able to match Aberdeen's wage but surely we'll have the resources to make him a very decent offer or at least make up a decent percentage of what Aberdeen are paying? Given what we would've been paying Watt, Alston, Shaughnessy etc, you'd certainly hope so.

Not sure it's such a great deal. Aberdeen have stated if May finds his scoring form there,will be a clause to take him back to Aberdeen at any time. Certainly would not want him coming to St Mirren in such a deal. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not sure it's such a great deal. Aberdeen have stated if May finds his scoring form there,will be a clause to take him back to Aberdeen at any time. . 

Such a clause cant exist. They could only recall him in January.

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not sure it's such a great deal. Aberdeen have stated if May finds his scoring form there,will be a clause to take him back to Aberdeen at any time. Certainly would not want him coming to St Mirren in such a deal. 

I wasn't really discussing whether it's a good deal or not to be fair - I agree that any loan deal with a break clause in January would be a bit of a nonsense from our perspective as I've said before. We do however have the resources in terms of savings from last season's team as well as a decent amount of reserves in the bank to fund a loan deal or a permanent transfer and the will seems to be there on all sides to get something done.

Having said that, we saw last season how important a good first half to the season can be. We were miles clear of relegation which meant that second half of the season arse collapse didn't really impact us aside from dropping out of the top 6. If May does come in, scores 8 league goals and leaves us in January sitting in the top 6, I'd say that's a success from our point of view.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wasn't really discussing whether it's a good deal or not to be fair - I agree that any loan deal with a break clause in January would be a bit of a nonsense from our perspective as I've said before. We do however have the resources in terms of savings from last season's team as well as a decent amount of reserves in the bank to fund a loan deal or a permanent transfer and the will seems to be there on all sides to get something done.

Having said that, we saw last season how important a good first half to the season can be. We were miles clear of relegation which meant that second half of the season arse collapse didn't really impact us aside from dropping out of the top 6. If May does come in, scores 8 league goals and leaves us in January sitting in the top 6, I'd say that's a success from our point of view.

It's bad journalism mate. Aberdeen Evening News saying if he found form he would be called back in January.  Also said if May wants to leave Aberdeen they would consider that. Still think he will end up at you unless Dundee United throw silly money.  

15 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm not sure what the rules are it is a Aberdeen manager quote 

I mean, it's fairly obvious what the rule would be, but it's also fairly obvious you're an absolute moron, so I wont waste everyones time by trying to explain it to you.