Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Gloats about beating Morton 3-0, Morton get it back to 3-2.

Gloats about Hibs losing to Carlisle, Hibs come back to win.

The good ol' RG curse rumbles on into the new season.

3 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I’d be looking at signing Blueheaven from WAP given the chance, would be a good addition in the Radford role. 

I'd endorse this. I'm looking for a more expansive role on the forum this season. Maybe interject some humour and mild abuse into my posts.

First 50 minutes tonight was liquid football but we then came up against Hopkinball and it threw us for while. A good test and I'm sure the manager will take a bit from it.

Swanson was great.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

How was O’Halloran?

He was good when we were good but faded when the team did. He's still quick but has maybe lost half a yard.

The big issue is up front. Hendry didn't get going at all as the lone striker.

Ok the main positives for me from tonight;

Parish pulled out two decent saves and couldn’t really do much to prevent the goals

O’Halloran and Swanson looked like their old selves. Swanson in particular was electric in the first half. 

McClean looks perfectly capable of fulfilling the role Alston played in the squad.  perhaps not a regular but more than capable of pushing the starters and playing a role in the team.

We played some lovely football in the first half. We didn’t create as many chances as I’d have liked but some of the passing around the opposition box was excellent. 

Negatives

Anderson really struggled in both halves. He just doesn’t really have the passing ability to play out from the back so our play broke down numerous times when he got the ball in the first half. In the Second half Sutton will have given him night terrors. We’ve only got 3 natural centre backs and I don’t really feel comfortable going into the season with him as the only alternative to Gordon and Kerr. If Shaughnessy turns round and says he wants to stay, I’d be delighted.

Callum Hendry was quiet and I think tonight outlines where the main issue lies in the team. We’re obviously scoring goals but we need a proper starting striker to either play ahead or along side the other strikers we have.  I’m sure Hendry will be useful over the course of the season though.

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

Apparently Ross County are now interested in Stevie May.

I see the article saying they're interested, written by Scott Burns, suggests May's preference is to leave them permanently. 

We're in "pole position" but any deal "depends on the board giving TW the money to get him"...

I see the article saying they're interested, written by Scott Burns, suggests May's preference is to leave them permanently. 
We're in "pole position" but any deal "depends on the board giving TW the money to get him"...

That shithouse Roy Mac Gregor will throw daft money about.

28 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

That shithouse Roy Mac Gregor will throw daft money about.

He is still bitter from the time of the Britain affair.I reckon he would do anything to f**k us about out of spite..Remember when he was bragging about having more money than Geoff Brown...Classy !

I don't know if anybody is remotely interested but I was talking to Alex Kitchen's uncle (former loanee from Newcastle around 5years ago).He said that Alex had now given up the game and had become a sports fitness trainer..He is apparently helping out with our pre-season and was in Ireland with the team.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee