Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

This May saga is tedious now. Time to move on. 

THiS mAY sAgA Is TEdiOus Now. TIme tO MoVe oN.

stevie-may-a09a4a3b-ab44-4254-81d1-7c4084efaa4-resize-750.jpeg.65b9f89602b660bc2a64ab2679a253c8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Where do you even start with this? 

0B8007AC-EBF6-478D-99E3-55BF4C44931D.png

One of my earliest Saints memory is being a mascot (0-0 v Hibs I think, was definitely Hibs though), and naming my favourite player as Nick Dasovic. He bailed out the pre-match warm up to have a photo and wee chat.

I owe to young me to vote Dasovic.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Some absolute ballers. Tempted to go for Miguel for his exquisite ability to wind up Old Firm fans tbh. 
Loved Miguel but can't forget the one he missed when straight through against Monaco away when it was still 0-0. Decent save by Barthez mind...

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I would have Anderson  in place of  Duffy and Kennedy for Swanson 

I do not think if Kennedy passes a fitness test that he will start. He has missed a few weeks training and lacks sharpness. But I hear what you are saying a even with a lack of match practice, he is better than Swanson. Have not seen Duffy yet I will get the opportunity tomorrow but I would persevere with him. Comments suggest that Anderson is now sadly lacking at Centre back that is why I put Duffy in.

14 minutes ago, Templar said:

Comments suggest that Anderson is now sadly lacking at Centre back that is why I put Duffy in.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Now? He was like that 2 seasons ago.

Duffys time at CH has seen us concede 2 goals to ICT and one to Montrose, over whats likely about 110 minutes. From what I've seen, an admittedly tiny amount, he's too raw to be played central as hes still got the youth team habit of letting attackers have a yard of space to do what they want. Maybe he'll end up like Shaughnessy and move central after a season learning how to defend out wide.

If Andersons fit enough I'd be starting him there, hes our 3rd best CB.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Duffys time at CH has seen us concede 2 goals to ICT and one to Montrose, over whats likely about 110 minutes. From what I've seen, an admittedly tiny amount, he's too raw to be played central as hes still got the youth team habit of letting attackers have a yard of space to do what they want. Maybe he'll end up like Shaughnessy and move central after a season learning how to defend out wide.

If Andersons fit enough I'd be starting him there, hes our 3rd best CB.

So every time we lose goals the Centre Backs are to blame. How many more played the same number of mins or more? Are just as much to blame. In my opinion you cannot put the loss of 3 goals down to him playing centre back just because it suits your argument.   

1 hour ago, Templar said:

So every time we lose goals the Centre Backs are to blame. How many more played the same number of mins or more? Are just as much to blame. In my opinion you cannot put the loss of 3 goals down to him playing centre back just because it suits your argument.   

Montroses goal comes from him being utterly done in a channel and falling on his arse, because a League One player changed direction.

I'm far from convinced about him so far.

Duffy is going to make mistakes - he’s never had a platform to 100% learn the game so I think we’ll just have to be patient with him. From speaking to others who were at the game, they reckoned he was one of the very few positives to take away from Wednesday, slip at the goal aside. Should be remembered he’s been brought in as a full back who can play centre back as well.