Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The fact folk applauded him off the park just seconds after he cost us our place in the competition really annoyed me.
No doubt that'll be classed as harsh/unfair on him, as he done a lot of running about and completed a few passes.
You are annoyed that a Saints player was applauded off when he was subbed?

Just now, Saigon Raider said:

You are annoyed that a Saints player was applauded off when he was subbed?

Aye, by the same people who boo'd the entire team off at half time.

I don't see the logic.

Aye Ando is finished at this level and won't accept being on the bench, if we'd got Gallagher in I think he'd have been punted. He's not been good enough for a year or two now. Liam and Kerr is the way forward, has big Danzell got a club yet? Those 3 with Duffy as cover would satisfy me for the season ahead. Also, get McMillan as far to f**k away from my team please.

First third or so of match we played well, were comfortaby the better side and wasted great chances to have the game wrapped up.

County came back into it a bit, and could have grabbed themselves a couple of goals at the start of the second half.

Isn't it just the one point we've taken from competitive matches where we've been behind in the past 14 months? 

Obviously our 3 forward options are not good enough, but the problem is also that there's no variety there. If you had one who was a donkey but won everything in the air, or had Macleans ability to hold the ball up, or Doolan's knack of grabbing goals, you could throw them on and change formation and tactics accordingly.

Instead, we've got 3 average players who all work hard, sometimes keep possession, occasionally grab a goal and win headers now and then.

If we could get one away and get something different in, it might give us a different option. And yes it would likely be McMillan.

Just now, Bankfoot Saints said:

Is he an agent nowadays or just on a freebie

Stevie Mays agent, seemingly.

They were both out getting hammered on Saturday in Perth 😂

Agree none of the back four have covered themselves in glory in matches I've seen so far.

As much as I love the guy and hope he comes good, I'm also increasingly feeling that Swanson is a bit of a luxury. Different if we didn't have other options such as Kennedy, MOH, Wright and Wotherspoon. He's got great talent, but even on the occasions he goes past a player he gets caught and loses possession. 

Liam Craig, by no means outstanding or anything, certainly improves the centre of midfield in there alongside Davidson.

I agree Swanson wasn't the worst, but he was predictably poor. Getting bored of saying this but I just don't want to see him in a Saints shirt ever again. The way he just gives up when he's lost the ball absolutely boils my piss. Surely he can't expect a start when Drey Wright gets back. 

Need to see the replays but seemed to me that their penalty was an absolute joke (felt sorry for Zander getting the save bit missing the follow-up) and Liam's goal being given off-side looked a bit ropey. Can't blame the ref for the performance though. We defended really poorly, particularly in the second half, Anderson doesn't have the legs for the ground he has to cover and 90 minutes just seemed cruel. 

No point in me writing a post that just agrees with everyone but it's so fucking obvious we need at least one penalty box striker. I'd like us to be able to play a proper 442 instead of only really having the choice of 1 up front which seems a formation entirely dictated by the players available rather than being a choice, and if anything shines an even bigger spotlight on the problem. 

Thought county looked quite solid for the most part, if unspectacular.They came to sit in and hit on the break, seemed effective at doing that but we did take them to bits in places, particularly MOH. I'm expecting them to stay up on that performance but it's a long season. 

A positive was that it's good to see Matty back. Didn't look overly fit but he brought a bit of quality. 

Certainly reminded me of the 'slump' performances last year - sloppy passing, centre backs getting caught out too easily. Still, we were the better team for the most part and I'm not overly worried about relegation .. yet. If I have a concern it's that they (mostly) didn't seem like a team that were playing for anything, the manager, pride, each other. 

Oh, and folk booing the team off the pitch can GTF as well.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

anyone know our lowest attendance for an official game at McDiarmid? Can easily see the Brechin game being less than 1000 unless there's a certain new signing to see

Some of Swansons passes in the first half were unreal, its not his fault those around him shat the fucking bed and started pummelling balls over his head.