Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Predicting this is the season st Johnstone get relegated. Anderson back in the first team, a huge amount of commotion over a returning striker who will have to prove himself again, relying on Chris Kane for goals, lack of goalkeeper cover, only really St Mirren and Hamilton looking like they'll challenge us for 12th. Liam Craig and Murray Davidson the wrong side of 30. Doesn't even seem that crazy a shot with how good the past 10 years have been. Feels like a very real possibility

Just now, Crroma said:

Predicting this is the season st Johnstone get relegated. Anderson back in the first team, a huge amount of commotion over a returning striker who will have to prove himself again, relying on Chris Kane for goals, lack of goalkeeper cover, only really St Mirren and Hamilton looking like they'll challenge us for 12th. Liam Craig and Murray Davidson the wrong side of 30. Doesn't even seem that crazy a shot with how good the past 10 years have been. Feels like a very real possibility

If we dont sort out the goalscoring issue maybe. 

The first half hour yesterday we were ridiculous though, tore County to shreds.

If we dont sort out the goalscoring issue maybe. 
The first half hour yesterday we were ridiculous though, tore County to shreds.
I have to admit i only watched the last 20 minutes so a bit skewed.

Now that i think about it wasn't Andos contact ending hence the partick loan?

4 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Well I'm predicting that we wont be relegated. 

We'll sign a CB and Anderson will be cover. We'll sign a striker and not have to rely on Kane. Drey Wright will come back from injury and even if he's 90% of the player he was he'll terrorise a few fullbacks. Kennedy back fully fit and a resurgent MOH gives us pace and wide fire power. Murray and Craig are still more than good enough for this level and I'm not seeing any issues with fitness. 

I have no idea what you're on about with 'goalkeeper cover', from what I've seen (not much admittedly) there's nothing to be concerned about with Parish. 

Striker and fullback in place and we win the game yesterday. Nothing to fear from Hamiltion or St Mirren and I can't see Livingston being as strong. I expect Motherwell will have a decent season (based on gut feel).

We'll be 7th or 8th, and get to the last 16 of the cup. 

incredibly, this was about 80 pages back. The Stevie May hype train has well and truly left the station. Just reposting to update Callachan's squad number and to make the bloody thing easier to find.

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2020

12. Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) - 2021

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (33) - 2020

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

6. Steven Anderson (33) - 2020 

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) - 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) - 2021

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

4. Ross Callachan (25) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

20. Kyle McClean (20) - 2020

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2020  

33. Matty Kennedy (24) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

Forwards

16. David McMillan (30) - 2020

9. Chris Kane (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020 

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Joe Shaughnessy set to sign for Southend after a successful trial apparently. 

Yes financially our offer will probably have beren less but surely not miles apart? 

Probably not, but he made it clear he didnt want to re-sign for us. Aberdeen also failed to tempt him to stay in this league, before you start slating the club.

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Joe Shaughnessy set to sign for Southend after a successful trial apparently. 

Yes financially our offer will probably have beren less but surely not miles apart? 

He wanted out, bye bye Joe thanks for everything shut the door on the way out, thanks.

Don't know what's worse, a troll fan of a newly promoted side saying we'll be relegated or Random agreeing with him.
Hi tam. Football leagues work on the basis of promotions and relegations. Its a very real possibility st Johnstone will be the relegated team purely on the number of teams, never mind other factors such as personnel, injuries etc.

(I just trolled you by pointing out something in a very condescending manner, this should help you with the definition)

5 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Hi tam. Football leagues work on the basis of promotions and relegations. Its a very real possibility st Johnstone will be the relegated team purely on the number of teams, never mind other factors such as personnel, injuries etc.

(I just trolled you by pointing out something in a very condescending manner, this should help you with the 

£25 pound  bet St Johnstone won't be relegated this season? 

Edited by tree house tam

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Shaughnessy will be found out big time in a physical league down south IMO.

I do not care in the slightest :) 

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Shaughnessy will be found out big time in a physical league down south IMO.

Agree Saintee I have never been really a big Joe fan at CB to be honest, good luck to him though he will need it in that league , probable loan back in Scotland by January .    

9 minutes ago, Crroma said:
11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
 £25 pound  bet St Johnstone won't be relegated this season? 

That sound reasonable

Let's iron this out then, you pay a charity of my choice £25 if St Johnstone are not relegated in the 2019/20 season, I'll pay £25 to a charity of your choice if they are. I'd like to add this is the first bet I've had on here in years due to folk not paying, please do not be one of them, pay when due.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably not, but he made it clear he didnt want to re-sign for us. Aberdeen also failed to tempt him to stay in this league, before you start slating the club.

🤫 Settle down

Not seeing anything to suggest I was slagging any club or individual. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.