Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

36 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

What did you expect? When Ricky Foster is your number one priority to get signed up then you know you are fucked. As I said, he can "play" anywhere so it was obvious you wouldn't be getting any signings when that deal was done. You got a bonus ball signing though, you should be grateful for Clive TBH.

Shut your dirty mouth

Tbh I'm coming around to this signing. A cheap young player, effectively on trial for six months, in a position where one of our players is a complete crock.

If/when Watson gets injured, we're then down to five. Easton/Scobbie have had niggles in the past 18 months and Ando is probably due a red card.

I'm sure folk said similar when we signed Fisher, and in the end he turned into an important part of the squad

54 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

What did you expect? When Ricky Foster is your number one priority to get signed up then you know you are fucked. As I said, he can "play" anywhere so it was obvious you wouldn't be getting any signings when that deal was done. You got a bonus ball signing though, you should be grateful for Clive TBH.

I'm sure the players we already have can hump Aberdeen. 

This is the peak right here folks, top 6, odd year in Europe and competing in the latter stages of cups. Wouldn't rule us out of another cup win in the next 5 years either. This is the Boards limit of ambition, whether we agree matters not.

If you consider clubs of similar size but without the ambition or knowhow, such as Partick or Dundee, their fans would suck their dogs off for a bit of what we've got.

3 hours ago, Costanza said:

I've been slightly cheered though to read that it must only be certain programme contributors that get posted a free copy. You must not be contributing enough TRS emoji12.png

Meh. I merely do the player interviews which are located in the centre of each programme. It only takes six or seven hours each week. My 'payment' is being part of the media team who receive exciting information in advance, such as the signing of Clive Smith or the unveiling of Brogan the Beagle. 

I'd prefer a free programme, to be honest.

Edited by The Real Saints

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure folk said similar when we signed Fisher, and in the end he turned into an important part of the squad

Fisher had already made first-team performances for Celtic and was described on Radio Scotland as one of their potential stars of the future. I fully expected him to stake a claim for regular first-team football at Saints. In fact, a number of Celtic fans were disappointed with the loan agreement.

Clive Smith, on the other hand, is unheard of. He has made no senior appearances. Judging by Twitter, some Preston fans don't even know who he is. It's fair to say that he won't make a single starting appearance whilst at St. Johnstone.

In conclusion, I disagree with your comparison. Utterly.

Fisher had already made first-team performances for Celtic and was described on Radio Scotland as one of their potential stars of the future. I fully expected him to stake a claim for regular first-team football at Saints. In fact, a number of Celtic fans were disappointed with the loan agreement.
Clive Smith, on the other hand, is unheard of. He has made no senior appearances. Judging by Twitter, some Preston fans don't even know who he is. It's fair to say that he won't make a single starting appearance whilst at St. Johnstone.
In conclusion, I disagree with your comparison. Utterly.

I wasn't saying he'll be as good as Fisher. What I'm saying is people moaned when we signed Fisher that we didn't need another right back as we had enough defenders, then in the end Fisher was required. This could be similar.

6 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

Richard Foster played over 250 games for the Dandies and captained them also. He should be regarded as a legend. It's disgraceful the abuse he gets from Aberdeen "fans" tbh.

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

What you did there, I see it.

The abuse is well warranted. You just wait and see. YOU JUST WAIT.

At least if we get to another cup final while he's here we might get Amy Mc doing a song instead of TRS.