Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fact he signed Gormley in the summer suggests he knows we need a new striker.

The fact he's constantly rotated Kane and Cummins suggests he knows we need another option.

Baffles me we've not even been linked with one, if MacLean gets injured, which he's due for, then we're utterly fucked.

agreed

11 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I know there will come a time when we do get relegated and we look back and try and explain how we weren't fully satisfied about being consistently top 6, and moaning about not getting a striker in on deadline day.

However the team at the moment is crying out for one, and we are so difficult/dull to watch just now and really need something a bit different up front. surely Tommy can see this? 

Welcome back, we've missed you.

We can't recall Gordon as the window will be shut. You can't recall within 28 days apparently and 28 days took him into February.

Fair enough.

Was Gilchrist even fit when the decision to loan Gordon out came around? I've had it in my mind he's been injured the whole season so far.

Also, upon thinking about it, I suppose it's better we let someone else's player rot in the stands while the likes of Gordon and Comrie get game time elsewhere. All hail Tommy.

Worth noting Ryan McGowan is now available. An experienced, versatile player who could likely cover the whole back four and central midfield positions.

At every single home match, I fork out £2.50 in order to get my hands on a copy of the match programme I've contributed to (free of charge). On those occasions,  I think to myself, 'Oh well, these are money-saving measures. At least they'll eventually make up for it by unveiling a marquee signing.'

Welcome to St. Johnstone, Clive Smith.

Fairly shambolic signing on the whole given the resources we have as others have already spoken about. My issue would be if we were 7/8 points worse off, would Brown have opened his wallet and drafted in more options? I'm assuming he sees us as safe and as such doesn't want to 'waste' an additional loan wage or two. But given how busy other teams have once again been it is extremely frustrating we haven't brought any striker in on the loan market.

I'd like to think we phoned up to enquiry about May, only for Preston to say he's not available they'd send someone else and we've agreed to it without knowing all details.....