Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

47 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I like Chris Kane, I think he’s a valuable member of our squad and he helps us play better football. 

I will be starting the Chris Kane fan-club this year.  

Ten league goals this season imo. 

because i got high glitch GIF

Can people actually stop posting about Stevie May unless they are 100% certain that he has signed? Otherwise, I need to move on. I saw Dick Van Dyke's post shortly before I went to bed and I was unable to sleep because of it. Absolutely knackered right now.

29 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Can people actually stop posting about Stevie May unless they are 100% certain that he has signed? Otherwise, I need to move on. I saw Dick Van Dyke's post shortly before I went to bed and I was unable to sleep because of it. Absolutely knackered right now.

You live in London,  sleep is for the weak. 

So, moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Looking at Transfermarket.com, there are a load of strikers who are not with clubs.  Obviously, there are names there that will be out of the question, however, would someone like Gary Hooper come back to Scotland ?  Will Keane ?  Some interesting names on the list, but have we heard much coming from those ITK ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

Hooper is well beyond us, and Keane is an absolute perma-crock who doesnt even score goals.

Any decent striker will have been signed up by now, so we'll be crossing all our toes in the hope someone comes up for loan, and chooses us. We'll probably end up signing the trialist striker we had in Ireland.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

He signed for Partick Thistle a couple of weeks ago.

We love a loan from Partick these days tbf.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Don’t expect much sleep the next couple of days 

I'd rather we didn't sign a striker who's been without a club all summer to be honest. We need a player who can come in and play right away. Using Gary Hooper as an example, he'd probably take at least a month and possibly longer to get in a state to contribute in any meaningful way and I don't think we can afford to go that long without what will be our main striker.

As much as I'm not a fan of Kane, he's our best option up front right now. If this back injury is going to keep him out for a spell, we can't afford to go too much longer with Hendry and McMillan as our only natural options up top - they both look well short of being reliable.

Edited by Kyle

Considering St. Johnstone's Stevie May deal is completely and utterly dead, I can only assume that the current radio silence hints at Dundee and/or St. Mirren working extremely quietly (and slowly) behind the scenes to sign him without alerting any media outlets. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Considering St. Johnstone's Stevie May deal is completely and utterly dead, I can only assume that the current radio silence hints at Dundee and/or St. Mirren working extremely quietly (and slowly) behind the scenes to sign him without alerting any media outlets. 

Not that quietly ! McPake was in the paper at the weekend saying that Dundee have made him a "good offer" from them, and that the ball was in Mays court, but confirmed that he was speaking to others.  He was surprised that the deal at Saints had fallen through, as he was of the opinion that it was done.

The St Mirren side of this has gone very quiet, as well as the Kilmarnock and Ross County rumours though, so it may be that he is speaking to them all and weighing up his options.

In my opinion, he will end up at Dundee.

Not that quietly ! McPake was in the paper at the weekend saying that Dundee have made him a "good offer" from them, and that the ball was in Mays court, but confirmed that he was speaking to others.  He was surprised that the deal at Saints had fallen through, as he was of the opinion that it was done.

That was shoddy journalism. McPake was just reiterating what he’d already revealed the week before. The headlines were misleading. Dundee made him a very good offer. Stevie rejected it in favour of ours before things came to a halt. I’m sure he’s still free to re-negotiate with them, but this isn’t a new development which has emerged since our deal failed.

20 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

A Forest supporting friend of mine says that they are looking to get rid of Jason Cummings and they expect him to sign up for you guys.

Forest just got the guy from Wolves they were after and although he has a year to run on his deal, they want him off the wages.

Don't think its happening. 

TW made it clear on Thursday or Friday last week that he had other targets in mind other than Cummings. Could do a lot worse than him though in terms of ability. 

Character though 😒

21 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

A Forest supporting friend of mine says that they are looking to get rid of Jason Cummings and they expect him to sign up for you guys.

Forest just got the guy from Wolves they were after and although he has a year to run on his deal, they want him off the wages.

Wright came out and said Cummings isn't his number one target. Unless we're paying a pretty small fraction of his wages, or they're giving him a big pay off, I can't see it to be honest.