Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Been keeping out of this dance around the Maypole, but have to say this latest turn is, if nothing else, very odd. 

Why on earth would TW google a picture of SM, then zoom in on it? Never mind why he would leave that image open in full view, when doing an interview about a fairly meaningless loan signing?

Would he even bother doing an interview for a signing like this? 

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories bit this is just too deliberately strange for it not to mean *something*, surely?

I think it speaks volumes about the negative atmosphere amongst the Saints support (and in some cases, the rather dim nature of some), when something so intriguing receives almost no response on social media. In fact, there will probably be more buzz around this blatantly fake Glen Middleton rumour. God help us. I can only repeat what Valentino Bolognese has said in his post.

21 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Pish? 

*looks up account*

One previous tweet.

*looks up comments on this tweet*

Sees the guy quoting "a Rangers page" as the source.

*sighs*

30 minutes ago, Dele said:

If it turns out May doesn't sign at you that's absolutely astonishing trolling from Wright. 

Hes an absolute nightmare 😂

Waits until I start piling into him before slapping it down with minimal fuss. Absolute NAP if May signs TW will make some comment about how the deal only happened because it went through Brown and there wasn't someone between the two of them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

55 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Nah, I think he's actually pretty decent. 

Would be a strange one unless we'd arranged to jettison someone (my guess would be Swanson), or Tommy's masterplan is to field a team entirely composed of goalies and wingers

Recruitment strategy identified and confirmed.

45 minutes ago, Dele said:

If it turns out May doesn't sign at you that's absolutely astonishing trolling from Wright. 

It is brilliant work by the marketing geniuses Steve Brown and Tommy Wright.

After the upsurge in ST sales from May Return ONE, they've looked for ways of milking this a bit more. Thus the launch of

The Return Of The May Return

Another announcement that we were interested would have been met with cynicism, but a subtle little teaser only picked up by a keen eyed hopeful, sit back and allow social media to work its magic, and the frenzy kicks in....

Kerrrrrchhiiing £€$$££

Great marketing, ever-changing plot full of twists and turns, leaving you on the edge of your seat not knowing what will happen next; the hero who has lost his way, the villain attempting to lead him down a dark and evil path, time running out before the (transfer) window of opportunity slams shut and it all ends in disaster.  Ending unpredictable until the very last moment.... And, after all this, the Stevie May story might simply turn out to be St Johnstone's version of Kaiser Soze, a complete spoof, as he limps off to Rowan's awaiting taxi straight to Dens Park.  9/10

Edited by PauloPerth

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Couldnae even score against Deveronvale. Wasting yer time, chaps.

Excellent news. Hopefully no other clubs are interested in him now. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would happily wait until 23.59 on deadline day as long as we sign Steven May. If I was told that Callum Hendry and Chris Kane would get injured tomorrow and we'd be relying solely on David McMillan until the end of the month, I'd joyously accept that sorry state of affairs if the upside was signing Steven May at 23.59 on deadline day.

Edited by The Real Saints

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Excellent news. Hopefully no other clubs are interested in him now. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would happily wait until 23.59 on August 31st as long as we sign Steven May. If I was told that Callum Hendry and Chris Kane would get injured tomorrow and we'd be relying solely on David McMillan until the end of the month, I'd joyously accept that sorry state of affairs if the upside was signing Steven May at 23.59 on August 31st.

only to get a call from newly appointed SFA chief Rowan Vine at midnight to say the paperwork was incomplete

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4551855/stevie-may-aberdeen-europa-league-exit/amp?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Right. Utterly infuriating.  Any journalist that cracks this major secret is worthy of the Pulitzer prize in my opinion. 

Why did Stevie May's deal collapse?

Stevie is shattered. Tommy devastated. Nobody prepared to say why. Someone has to have asked the people who know.

Edited by Broon_100

21 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4551855/stevie-may-aberdeen-europa-league-exit/amp?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Right. Utterly infuriating.  Any journalist that cracks this major secret is worthy of the Pulitzer prize in my opinion. 

Why did Stevie May's deal collapse?

Stevie is shattered. Tommy devastated. Nobody prepared to say why. Someone has to have asked the people who know.

Fingers started to point towards Brown, now. Youd think if it was down to May being offered money elsewhere then demanding more from us you'd expect he'd have taken the larger offer by now. 

Maybe those folk who know, are telling everyone different stories?