Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd guess;

Clark

Foster Kerr Vihmann Tanser  

Craig

MOH Davidson Callachan Kennedy

Kane

Edited by Kyle

Here's the manager's interview where he references the new striker next week.

Edit: Not entirely sure why it's linked both interviews, but if you're interested in hearing what the club chaplain has to say then wire in.

Edited by Kyle

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'd guess;

Clark

Foster Kerr Vihmann Tanser  

Craig

MOH Davidson Callachan Kennedy

Kane

I would go with this, but Tommy seems to have an addiction to playing Swanson so I'd not be surprised to see him feature ahead of Callachan, maybe with Davidon sitting beside Craig. 

Edit, the Sky video made reference to playing narrow ('contained' I think he said). So something like 4-2-3-1 I would think. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Swanson is to you as Tam Scobbie is to Widge.

He hardly got a game last season, and we’ve only had four competitive games this year! 

Yeah I accept I'm maybe a bit harsh on him. We've probably all got those players though. 

Truth is I actually feel a bit sorry for him in that you can sometimes see what he's trying to do but it's just not working out for him. Sometimes it's not reading other players movements, sometimes it could be not adapting to the surface (e.g. the Montrose game). 

But what I can't forgive is the way he seems to give up and/or run out of puff. I admit I'm probably looking for it now which isn't necessarily fair. 

Swanson is to you as Tam Scobbie is to Widge.
He hardly got a game last season, and we’ve only had four competitive games this year! 

Nobody can compare in my disdain for Tam Scobbie [emoji23][emoji23]

Then again I really enjoyed Keef Watson! So my judge of character is awful.

6 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I would go with this, but Tommy seems to have an addiction to playing Swanson so I'd not be surprised to see him feature ahead of Callachan. 

We all know you're one of the weirdos who want Swanson out so no need to really get into that, although Danny is a glorious player on his day., but I'd agree for this game Callachan is a better fit. Craig,  Muzz and Callachan with MOH and Kennedy off whichever striker he plays.

Just now, Widge said:

Nobody can compare in my disdain for Tam Scobbie emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Fucking hell Widge, we are agreeing on something else again, make this stop please.

8 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I would go with this, but Tommy seems to have an addiction to playing Swanson so I'd not be surprised to see him feature ahead of Callachan, maybe with Davidon sitting beside Craig. 

Edit, the Sky video made reference to playing narrow ('contained' I think he said). So something like 4-2-3-1 I would think. 

Listened he said compact and use our pace.  Swanson is compact but no pace. :)   Still betting 4:5:1 with Kennedy and O'Halloran (pace) on the wings and Craig Davidson and Callachan (compact) in the middle

6 minutes ago, Templar said:

Listened he said compact and use our pace.  Swanson is compact but no pace. :)   Still betting 4:5:1 with Kennedy and O'Halloran (pace) on the wings and Craig Davidson and Callachan (compact) in the middle

Don't disagree. Callachan might struggle a bit with the compact part as it means he'll have to be disciplined and keep to his zone, and not rely on his pace and workrate to get back. And if fouls are needed they will need to be earlier (deeper). We'll be in a lot of trouble against this lot if we're giving away set pieces within striking range and letting them get in behind the fullbacks. 

Edit : we'll be in a lot *more* trouble

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

And being pernickety. Tommy said he was talking to 2 or 3 players. Come on Tommy is it 2 or 3 Then maybe he and Rev Ian Paisley went to the same arithmetic class. The Rev famously stated "two thirds of Northern Ireland do not know what the other half is doing :) 

This is a bit of humour not to taken seriously

Edited by Templar

30 minutes ago, Widge said:

Nobody can compare in my disdain for Tam Scobbie emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'll raise you my hatred for Gary McDonald.

Even just typing that name boils my piss😠