Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It amuses me just how much Danny Swanson rips the piss out of you lot. Hopefully you tell him to do one and he struggles to get a club with the demands he's making.

He'd be the one crawling back if no-one gave in to his demands.

If he does get a team paying the sort of money you lot are saying he'll likely be at a bigger club as a complete bit part player again.

Very interesting

anyone know if hes injured/suspended today , or is he dropped ? could be better for the team, you can see the other players trying to direct the ball towards him as much as possible and makes us far to predictable. maybe the old "talisman" effect, where he is out the team, everyone else will want to show what they can do and play better as a team as a result?

Let's not pretend I'm the Dundee version of you. I try my best but I don't quite have the knack of boring people quite as well as you to my shame.

Yeah, you try your best but you never quite manage.

anyone know if hes injured/suspended today , or is he dropped ? could be better for the team, you can see the other players trying to direct the ball towards him as much as possible and makes us far to predictable. maybe the old "talisman" effect, where he is out the team, everyone else will want to show what they can do and play better as a team as a result?

Imagine we'll be told after the match why he was absent, probably be told it's a "strain" or something.

Wouldn't be shocked if TWs dropped him to make a point to him, he's done it before.

On two separate occasions, St. Johnstone have plucked Danny Swanson from obscurity and seemingly instilled him with a new-found confidence. Hasn't Steve Brown already said that we've been in contact with his agent in regards to a new and improved deal? Such a 'contract nightmare' for the poor wee mite. You can take the boy out of Dundee United..

In summary, I'm inclined to agree with Ludo in this instance.

It's incredible how far clear we are of the pack below us. 12 points clear of 7th place with 8 or 9 games (depending on the team) until the split. :lol:

Wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see Swanson for a while with us in the position we are now. We can move onto 40 points and pretty much guaranteed top 6 (based on previous points required to make it) if we win next week.

Yes today was a such a St Johnstone under Tommy Wright thing to do.

After a really disappointing performance and result last week, and people complaining about our season being over, he quietly rallies the troops to a fine victory in a difficult away match to keep us in touch with the 'big guns' above us.

It's incredible how far clear we are of the pack below us. 12 points clear of 7th place with 8 or 9 games (depending on the team) until the split. :lol:
Wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see Swanson for a while with us in the position we are now. We can move onto 40 points and pretty much guaranteed top 6 (based on previous points required to make it) if we win next week.

It'd be great to make it early this season. Last year we crawled over the line on the last day before the split due to a very poor run. Cut out the stupid home losses to dross and we'll be there with games to spare.

Dropped

Good. Hopefully knocks some sense into him, seems the type who'll just throw a sulk.

I'd genuinely just prefer it if he signed elsewhere tomorrow, it's becoming apparent we're not willing to match his demands, so why bother wasting more time with him when we'll be needing to find a top drawer replacement for him. We'd have a solid couple of months to identify targets.

48 minutes ago, getdoon said:

Again, speculation from our fans. Swanson's interview today suggested the complete opposite from what everyone is saying in this thread. Our only proper game changer says he's offered an acceptable contract but something different has happened afterwards. Let's wait and see, I'd be delighted if he signs and I think he will.

It didn't really. He can't deny he's been offered two contracts and refused them. So he skirted that to give a different impression. I'm fairly confident – based on facts we know and his previous behaviour – that he's at it.

It didn't really. He can't deny he's been offered two contracts and refused them. So he skirted that to give a different impression. I'm fairly confident – based on facts we know and his previous behaviour – that he's at it.

This. Read behind the lines and you see he's trying to pressure the club into a decision. I'm not convinced it's a coincidence he's doing this after hiring an agent aswell.

I wonder if he, or his agent, expected more fan pressure from the fans after his announcement today?

If they did then they've seriously misjudged the situation.