Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, steviemay17 said:

woah hang on @RandomGuy. did you mean tommy wright has resigned or drey wright has re-signed i.e a new contract?

Post was that Tommy Wright had resigned and the press had been called to a conference at 12.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

No it is not. May reneged on an agreed deal. Brown hasn't.  There was no deal on the table to take off.

You can argue the sense or otherwise of Brown's approach, but don't compare it to the dishonesty Brown faced last time around.

That said, I still think it's perfectly plausible May will come to Perth. I simply can't see anyone else at our level paying as much as we would.

There was clearly a deal on the table, as the manager expected him to be in the team for the Brechin game and he had his training kit.  Surely, we dont give out training kit to every player that we negotiate with ?  If not, then you have to take it that there was deal on the table that, to all intents and purposes, had been agreed, but then one party tried to change that deal and was told that there would be no further changes.

Surely, all May had to do was come back to the table and say that these changes to the deal were not going to be followed up on, and that he was happy to sign on the previously agreed terms, but this time Brown has then said that he doesn't want to proceed on those terms, and tried to low ball him.

I can't see May coming now, and if the rumours are true that Wright has resigned over this, then the club is going to face a very though season.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Post was that Tommy Wright had resigned and the press had been called to a conference at 12.

aw ffs

I thought we might finally have some good news. absolutely wouldn't blame him tbh, better to go out a cup winning legend than being remembered for the guy who manged this absolute omnishambles into relegation

Really can't blame Tommy Wright , if the rumours of his resigning are true.  This summer has been a shambles, from having to trim the playing squad by so much, to the farce surrounding the May signing, Brown has pushed him too far and he must see no other option for him.

Brown is going to be under some serious scrutiny from the fans now, both on the next managerial appointment and for any further signings.  Perhaps it is time for the Browns to step aside and actively try to sell the club to someone else.

FWIW, I fully expect the next manager to come from within the existing coaching team - probably Alec Cleland

Genuinely starting to feel bad for you lot, it's been a full month of misery in Perth and nothing looks to be getting better. I couldn't imagine a more painful way for the good times ending if I tried, sans somebody dying.

Then I remember our previous season, and I think "Nah, you guys can take it." Best of luck.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m almost in tears at the thought of Tommy leaving. I would totally understand it but I’d also feel like there’s only one direction we’re going without him at the helm.

A9OhKLxCUAAHHZf.jpg:large

Hemmings has been a pretty consistent goalscorer and appearance-maker across all levels he's played at, bar a relative struggle in England's League One. I can't imagine Wright would have done anything but jump at the chance to get him on board if the opportunity was there and the terms were realistic - assuming we ever had a sniff ahead of Dundee. He certainly looked a safer bet than 2019 May. Quite disappointing.

And amongst all this? 

The club have decided it's the perfect time to start selling and advertising tickets for the game on Saturday 😂

Utterly fucking clueless about the mood of the fanbase, yet again.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Guest Moomintroll

I genuinely believed that places 5-7 would be fought between yourselves, Hearts & Motherwell this season & we would be trailing behind in 8th place. With Wright, Kennedy & O'Halloran feeding & playing off a competent main striker it looked like it would have been a good season for you.

Just now, ali_91 said:

The worst part about the Hemmings deal is we’ve obviously not even put a serious offer in and he’s ended up signing for one of our rivals in the same division. Going to come back and haunt us. 

lol