Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Was it just me or was there glimpses of John mcginn in McCann’s performance yesterday? Every player in blue played well but I thought Moh, tanser and McCann stood out 

Not seeing the McGinn comparison at all to be honest. JM is a bustling midfielder who likes to drive forward and gets goals. Early days for McCann, but he looks a more composed midfielder who sits and protects the back 4 with a tidy array of passes. Exactly what we've been crying out for.

Agree about the 3 players you mention standing out.  Tanser gave as good a performance as I've seen from him, he was immense.

Are we seeing a settled and effective core unit forming before our eyes or are we seeing cracks being papered over?

Not suggesting football fans are prone to knee jerk reactions but I'm uncomfortable with the positivity after yesterday's game.

23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not seeing the McGinn comparison at all to be honest. JM is a bustling midfielder who likes to drive forward and gets goals. Early days for McCann, but he looks a more composed midfielder who sits and protects the back 4 with a tidy array of passes. Exactly what we've been crying out for.

Agree about the 3 players you mention standing out.  Tanser gave as good a performance as I've seen from him, he was immense.

Fair enough, it was just a couple of times when he was fighting to win the ball back reminded me of SJM, hopefully he gets a long run in the team now regardless of who comes in. 

Just looking at the table and although it has seemed like a really bad start we have 2 points and after these 3 fixtures we probably could’ve only realistically expected to have 3 by now. If we are going to make signings then hopefully they are done before next Saturday and we can build on this little bit of positivity. 

49 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Are we seeing a settled and effective core unit forming before our eyes or are we seeing cracks being papered over?

Not suggesting football fans are prone to knee jerk reactions but I'm uncomfortable with the positivity after yesterday's game.

*shrugs shoulders*

Maybe somewhere in the middle?

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

We're obviously far from the finished article and still giving away too many goals; 11 in 3 league games! Plus Hibs were fairly poor yesterday.

But we showed a tremendous fighting spirit, were much better in possession and had some really good performances from young players. It was also an entertaining game we took something from against a top six side away from home.

At the end of the day we're still near the bottom on 2 points, but I think we can be a lot more positive about the side than many of us probably were on Saturday morning.

Tough match next week that we have to take something out of though.

Not in anyway in the know, but just to add a different side to the Foster story.

Speaking to a lad at the game who apparently knows one of our players, story he got was Foster wasn't doing what he was told in training or was arguing with the manager, so Tommy gave him a bollocking and dropped him.  Nothing at all about played his last game or anything like that which others have mentioned.

If true, probably quite pleasing for the manager that you drop a player to make a point, and the lad that steps in does well and possibly keeps the senior player out of the team for a game or two.

No idea the correct story, just what I heard. So hopefully no going to be another fullback down. But I guess we'll find out either way this coming week.

Like you Paolo I’m not claiming to be in the know but I’ve heard Foster won’t play for us again as he undermined the manager regarding a training exercise the whole team were asked to do again. He refused and that was that. It’s Fosters opinion that certain players not pulling their weight, he is not one of them so why should he be made to do it again?

Not first time he’s left a club in similar circumstances

17 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Like you Paolo I’m not claiming to be in the know but I’ve heard Foster won’t play for us again as he undermined the manager regarding a training exercise the whole team were asked to do again. He refused and that was that. It’s Fosters opinion that certain players not pulling their weight, he is not one of them so why should he be made to do it again?

Not first time he’s left a club in similar circumstances

If that’s true then we probably need to remove him and think Wright has made the correct call. Foster has been pretty poor so far this season. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Can someone make a GIF of Tommy’s iconic ‘blowing kisses’ celebration from yesterday?

wVZxGR.gif