What Culture

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good match, wouldn't have complained at either of them winning. The only thing I didn't really like was the involvement of Priestley. I get that they're trying (not that they need to try) to get Ospreay over as a face but, for me, it really wasn't needed. Look at how he's being received by the fans.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Good match, wouldn't have complained at either of them winning. The only thing I didn't really like was the involvement of Priestley. I get that they're trying to get Ospreay over as a face but, for me, it really wasn't needed. Look at how he's being received by the fans.

That annoyed me too, no need for the other two at ring side either. 

Apart from that superb match.

On 8/26/2017 at 20:52, Allan Jacobsen said:

Tuned in late but that looked quite decent between KUSHIDA and Conners. Hopefully Ospreay beats Ricochet. Should be a good match anyway.

I cannot comment on him as a person but ZSJ looks like a c**t so for that reason, I am in agreement with @JamieStevenson.

I've never really gotten into him as a wrestler.  Can see he's very talented, but don't really enjoy the pace of his matches.  But mostly, it's because he looks like an absolute knob.  

On 8/26/2017 at 23:00, Allan Jacobsen said:

Good match, wouldn't have complained at either of them winning. The only thing I didn't really like was the involvement of Priestley. I get that they're trying (not that they need to try) to get Ospreay over as a face but, for me, it really wasn't needed. Look at how he's being received by the fans.

Yeah, although I like them working in story rather than just having matches, I'm not sure it was really necessary.  Ospreay throughout the tournament got enough of a face reaction for it not to be needed.

Think they can be proud of the tournament itself, they did a good job.  There were points where it did look a bit low-rent though.  They were putting the tournament over heavily on commentary, but I'm not sure the rest of the presentation really lived up to that.  Hopefully they come back with it next time and learn a few lessons and really bring the presentation values up.  They've clearly got access to the talent, so there's no reason why they can't make it seem far bigger than it was.

11 hours ago, forameus said:

I've never really gotten into him as a wrestler.  Can see he's very talented, but don't really enjoy the pace of his matches.  But mostly, it's because he looks like an absolute knob.  

Yeah, although I like them working in story rather than just having matches, I'm not sure it was really necessary.  Ospreay throughout the tournament got enough of a face reaction for it not to be needed.

Think they can be proud of the tournament itself, they did a good job.  There were points where it did look a bit low-rent though.  They were putting the tournament over heavily on commentary, but I'm not sure the rest of the presentation really lived up to that.  Hopefully they come back with it next time and learn a few lessons and really bring the presentation values up.  They've clearly got access to the talent, so there's no reason why they can't make it seem far bigger than it was.

Yeah, they managed to f**k up the stream at the end. KUSHIDA got the trophy and then after everyone bowed to him, the stream suddenly cut off before he'd properly started celebrating in the ring. It didn't bother me but there was quite a lot of people going mad about it - which I found rather amusing.

edit - I now see that you said 'presentation' and not 'production' - point still stands.

Yeah, they managed to f**k up the stream at the end. KUSHIDA got the trophy and then after everyone bowed to him, the stream suddenly cut off before he'd properly started celebrating in the ring. It didn't bother me but there was quite a lot of people going mad about it - which I found rather amusing.
edit - I now see that you said 'presentation' and not 'production' - point still stands.

Yeah, get your point. It's both really. They did a great job in getting such a talented pool together, and if you liked the kind of matches they were putting On, then you'd love the show in its entirety. I just would have liked their production and presentation to match the way they talked on commentary. Fair play to them on the venue for the final though - the lighting and setup made it seem waaaay bigger than it actually was.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, get your point. It's both really. They did a great job in getting such a talented pool together, and if you liked the kind of matches they were putting On, then you'd love the show in its entirety. I just would have liked their production and presentation to match the way they talked on commentary. Fair play to them on the venue for the final though - the lighting and setup made it seem waaaay bigger than it actually was.

Absolutely, I'm not complaining. From what little I saw of the World Cup, it was really good. For a company that's only been around for a year, they've done incredibly well - especially some of the wrestlers they've brought in. It also helps when wrestlers seem to like you (see AJ Styles and Adam Blampied, for example).

WCPW loaded returned this week over its usual 3 day viewing system:

Thursday on WC Extra

Friday on Twitch

Saturday on Youtube

Missed the start of Loaded this week (I forgot it was on) but from what I believe Adam Blampied will give the Prestige a punishment next week for their actions at the end of the World Cup.

The first match of the show saw Drake defeat Angelico via count- out. Drake found tape underneath the ring and taped Angelico's foot to one of the barricades. Later on in the show Angelico cut a promo and challenged Drake to a Falls Count Anywhere match in the future.

Next up was a Triple Threat Tag Team Match to decide who would face champions, The War Machines, next week on loaded. Lucky Kid and Tarkan Aslan (Didn't catch their tag team name) defeated Johnny Moss/ Liam Slater and The South Coast Connection (Ashley Dunn and Kelly Sixx). Moss was rolled up for the finish.

Next match was between Bad Bones and Martin Kirby. This match was made after Bad Bones attacked Kirby at Stacked and aligned with Kirby's rival, Alex Gracie. Bad Bones won after hitting Kirby with a DDT. Gracie attacked Kirby after the match.

Main Event was the rematch for the Hardcore Championship between BT Gunn(c) and Primate. Some interesting spots during the match, including both men pouring tacks into each other's trunks and then kicking each other in that area. Finish came when Primate regained the title by spearing Gunn through a table for the victory. 

Results from this week's show are as follows;

- El Ligero def The Primate to retain the Magnificent 7 Briefcase

- The War Machine def Lucky Kid and Tarkan Aslan to retain the Tag Team Titles

- Joe Coffey def Prince Ameen

- Joe Hendry def Kenny Williams

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that they're all leaving together, perhaps suggesting they're going to be doing something all together outside of WC?  Interesting to see where they go from there - they'll have to get some decent on-screen people in, as whenever a video doesn't involve Blampied, there's already a queue of people waiting to complain.  At least the WC Gaming and general channel guys are still around, they're still decent.

He's the type of 'non-entity' celebrity that they attract. If one of them were to go on CBB it'd be Pacitti. Is he not a serial attention whore?

In all seriousness though, it's screaming work but this will severely effect some of the YouTube channels weekly output which is a bit shit even for a slow build wrestling angle. I don't really watch the wresting, I just watch their 'list' shows like WTF and 10 things wwe want you to forget about...

That Blampied tweet suggests I was right and they're going out on their own to do something.  Cultaholic Ventures it seems.  Brave, as without the wrestling promotion itself, what do they really have?  They make decent enough videos, but doubt that's enough to base a company on.  Are they starting to believe their own hype and thinking that they're big enough "personalities" to just be successful?

Archived