What Culture

Guest bernardblack

2 hours ago, forameus said:

That Blampied tweet suggests I was right and they're going out on their own to do something.  Cultaholic Ventures it seems.  Brave, as without the wrestling promotion itself, what do they really have?  They make decent enough videos, but doubt that's enough to base a company on.  Are they starting to believe their own hype and thinking that they're big enough "personalities" to just be successful?

Leading to an invasion angle IMO

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basically, the top guy at What Culture is a complete thundercunt. So I'd be incredibly surprised if this was a work. They'd just join the others who have walked away from it.

Based on what? Again, that points to an angle in my eyes. They need a 'bad guy' to give reason for breaking away.

I don't see any reason for this to be a work. That just smacks of the old wrestling cynicism over everything and anything being a work. 

There's no reason for former employees of What Culture to come out and talk about having articles stolen and not getting paid for them.

http://culturaloutsider.com/writing-for-whatculture-is-a-scam/

EDIT: Apparently the WCPW guys thought the fact that they were able to get that promotion running was ridiculous and just wanted to ride the wave as long as possible as well.

Guest bernardblack

Fair play to the five lads for giving something a go on their own. Most people just moan about their job but they clearly weren't happy and have done something about it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't help but feel that this Cultaholic thing will backfire.  Get the feeling they're starting to believe their own hype, especially with this long-winded introduction to what they're doing (and they haven't even actually introduced yet).  I assume it'll be wrestling related, but wouldn't be surprised if they're just starting another WhatCulture with its various offshoots.

WCPW isn't too bad, haven't really seen a huge change from before and now, but the wrestling channel is really struggling.  Quite enjoying their podcast actually now that it's pretty regular - the girl on it, Chelsea I think, still seems a bit awkward, but she's far less cringey than that Suzi one they used to have with her "Ohmagawd ahm just pure scottish and i know wrestlers ya bamz".  

If they add a couple of new guys to the wrestling show it can be good again.

I liked a few of those that joined cultaholics but won't go out of my way to watch them.

If there's one thing that they don't do is get wrapped up in their own hype. Wasn't THAT long ago that Blampeid was saying that they couldn't believe they were able to do it under the What Culture banner so long.

The trailer they've unleashed suggests differently.

The bosses at WhatCulture will be loving this.

This. They'll be fucking pissing themselves. Sounds like it was about to hit the fan and he got out in front of it. At least he fully admits it and owns it, but still, he wouldn't have done it had he not been about to be outed.

Still, we're getting the usual extremes. Plenty standing by him, and plenty going the other way and going nuclear. He's been a fucking moron, and a creepy one at that, and he's sold all the other ex-WC guys up the river with this. Doubt he can come back from this.

If the reports on Twitter and the like are accurate, it seems a bit more than him just pounding his parson to some nudey pictures that strangers sent him for a bit of fun.

The guy was/is in a relationship and his missus wasn't aware of it.

Sounds like he was actively pestering lassies to send him stuff and generally abusing the notoriety/fame (if you can call it that) that his presence on WC afforded him.

adam.png

Archived