What Culture

Guest bernardblack

Wee Blamps  now headline news on BBC.  Good for him.

Hard to see any way he can come back from this, or how their new venture can keep him on.  There's very few things more rabid than an online lynch-mob, and given some of the reaction to what he's done (he's just as bad as Weinstein apparently) any content he produces is just going to be a mess of fury and comments.  Even his defenders will cause issues, because they'll just start a ridiculous war in the comments like two bald men fighting over a comb.  People even getting put on blast by association - Brian Zane of Wrestling With Wregret seems to be getting it for not being as raging as people believe he should be.  I don't think he necessarily deserves to be completely shit-canned, but that's probably what's going to happen.  Can't really have any complaints either.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punted. Comments on Twitter now seem a little more balanced, more saying that he obviously did wrong, but a firing seems a bit harsh. That's about right for me, especially since I doubt he'll be employable elsewhere now. Incredibly costly mistake from him.

All he seems to have done is asked for nudes then ignored them afterwards. Some of my own mates are sleazier b*****ds than that. Seems a bit of an overreaction (cringeworthy dm's aside). Am I missing something?

On 27/10/2017 at 22:16, Ludo*1 said:

All he seems to have done is asked for nudes then ignored them afterwards. Some of my own mates are sleazier b*****ds than that. Seems a bit of an overreaction (cringeworthy dm's aside). Am I missing something?

Thank f**k someone else sees it like this.

Drunk man to drunk girl: 'Shows a photo of your tits'

Drunk girl: 'Oh...I dunno, I want to but I shouldn't'

Drunk man: 'Oh go on!'

Drunk girl: 'Okay then'

It seems the girl was more offended that a guy with a Girlfriend ignored her after she showed him the wares - which was undeniably a very shitty thing to do but hardly fucking Weinstein levels of depravity - rather than his overall behaviour. 

He's essentially been bagged from his job for cheating on his girlfriend with another consenting adult who admitted she repeatedly sent him pictures because 'my self esteem' and only decided to blow the whistle because he wasn't exclusively cheating on his bird with only her.

I think it was more the use of his position he used, which he admitted to, than the actual actions themselves. Which is pretty much the only way it could have ended. If it were solely his actions he were getting punted for, I'd have a bit of sympathy for him.

10 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I think it was more the use of his position he used, which he admitted to, than the actual actions themselves. Which is pretty much the only way it could have ended. If it were solely his actions he were getting punted for, I'd have a bit of sympathy for him.

I get what you're saying but if that's truly the part that's making folk uncomfortable, then every wrestler who has ever used their status to pump a groupie or ring rat - which is probably most of them - would be absolutely fucked. 

The Cultaholic update video was like a fucking wake.  You'd think the guy had gone all David Carradine or something.  I know he was probably the most popular character amongst them, but to then put out a mournful video saying just that is hardly making a confident first impression.  They made their decision, they should be moving on from it and really selling the product, rather than the "please like us" routine.  They themselves have done nothing wrong, so the tone was all wrong.

And I'm with djchapsticks on this, but also agree with RG.  What he did is being blown way out of proportion (admittedly, helped by his own statement) but there wasn't really much they could do.  Had he just been wee Adam trying it on without being this huge "internet star" then no-one would bat an eye.  He should have realised that he needs to be held to a higher standard, and he's paid the price for it.

I think they're actually setting up for a return as purely an on screen figure. Which would be fucking hilarious.

Reckon so too, let him disappear for 3-4 months whilst he deals with this then bring him back.

Archived