Budgets Next Season

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you disagree with what he posted? If so, why?

He's been predicting our financial collapse for over a year now when he really doesn't have a clue. It's been discussed to death on here yet he continues to pretend to be ITK.

He once claimed to know what budget George Craig was working with, complete slaver.

I'll continue to, rightly, laugh at him.

Out Season Ticket sales have went over 2000 recently, and from what I have heard St Mirren are at about 1500. 

Long way to go but that may give an indication on budgets, although I presume the parachute payments will still play a part.

One thing that probably needs to be taken into account when looking at the league as a whole is the advantage the East Coast sides will have with the larger away supports. Something that will benefit ourselves the most tbh. Two derbies after a while without one and United and Hibs to visit. While team's like St Mirren and Morton will miss the Sevco hordes the most.

it's more in disbelief and no idea of other teams budgets. Unless teams like us get a cup run always going to be treading water.

Why disbelief?

The make up of the League this season sees Dumbarton as smaller than us, with Ayr, Raith and at a push, Morton similar. The rest are bigger clubs.

Pars have new, rebranded collection tins out too. Also had a team of volunteers in doing stadium repairs. We have also given Moffat a full time contract so the old money burning habits are not totally extinguished.

United had a higher wage bill than Hibs last season, but it remains to be seen how much they're willing to spend this season. They've said they'll lower it so based on that this is my, entirely uneducated, guess..

1. Hibernian
  2. Dundee United
  3. Falkirk
  4. St Mirren
  5. Dunfermline
  6. Raith Rovers
  7. Morton
  8. Queen of the South
  9. Ayr
  10. Dumbarton

What was the difference between the two?

I'm not sure. Steven Thompson had numerous quotes saying United had the third highest wage spend in the country last season though

While team's like St Mirren and Morton will miss the Sevco hordes the most.

We won't miss them one bit.

Whilst the away end was a little busier than usual, this was countered by an increase in policing costs and a decrease in home fans turning up when faced with the prospect having to share a ground with that lot for a game.

I think most people have the right idea

1. Hibernian - Large Home Supports and have a high wage bill
  2. United  - Similar to Hibs. And yes we did have the 3rd largest budget in the Prem last year. Big Cuts happening.

3. Falkirk - Have a large(ish) home support and are within an hour of all but one team in the Championship. 

4. Dunfermline - Will be closer to Falkirk in a couple of years
  5. St Mirren - Have quite a decent home support (for the second tier)
  6. Raith - Proximity to large away supports
  7. Greenock Morton - The Renfrewshire Derbies just pip them above Queens
  8. Queen of the South - Poor Away Supports compared to others

9. Ayr (Part Time, I'm led to believe that they'll turn FT if they stay up)
  10. Dumbarton - Smallest Club in the League with the smallest ground

I sincerely doubt that is true.
If it is then that's an abomination of a relegation.

Yes It was a minter of a relegation.

I'm not sure. Steven Thompson had numerous quotes saying United had the third highest wage spend in the country last season though

Ah right. I've seen him say that it was the third highest in the top flight. I've no idea how he would know that though given he wouldn't know anyone else's budget.

Why disbelief?The make up of the League this season sees Dumbarton as smaller than us, with Ayr, Raith and at a push, Morton similar. The rest are bigger clubs.

just in recent seasons we have done reasonably well and although home crowds aren't great I thought we had decent financial situation off the park. But to see where all the budgets of the teams are I didn't think we was where we are.

Guest Back Post Misses

He's been predicting our financial collapse for over a year now when he really doesn't have a clue. It's been discussed to death on here yet he continues to pretend to be ITK.

He once claimed to know what budget George Craig was working with, complete slaver.

I'll continue to, rightly, laugh at him.

Who has?

Falkirk made 600k from last year's cup final which had only 40k at it.

Hibs get to two sellout cup finals therefore £1.5m income is about right.

Dempster has been telling the Hibs faithful the loss this season will be 800k. There fore the underlying loss is £2.3m.

A club with any sense would not give him a dime. He got the job purely on his friendship with Dempster. They were big mates when she was at Motherwell and he was ruining Falkirk.

And she did leave Motherwell in a mess, go ask the Well Society guys if you don't believe me.

Who has?

Dempster has been telling the Hibs faithful the loss this season will be 800k. There fore the underlying loss is £2.3m.

A club with any sense would not give him a dime. He got the job purely on his friendship with Dempster. They were big mates when she was at Motherwell and he was ruining Falkirk.

And she did leave Motherwell in a mess, go ask the Well Society guys if you don't believe me.

There was only 38,000 at the LC Final. Plus Hibs had to pay for the additional security at the Cup Final

We won't miss them one bit.

Whilst the away end was a little busier than usual, this was countered by an increase in policing costs and a decrease in home fans turning up when faced with the prospect having to share a ground with that lot for a game.

You do have a point. After going to the first home game they were in league 1 I have the second one a miss

Who has?

A 800k loss before cup runs, you can't budget for cup runs as they might not happen, I'm sure you know this.

Have another go.

Archived