Doing A 180°

NorthernLights

Have there been any bands you've done a 180° on with regards to your opinion of them? 

I found a post from about 4 years ago on here where I slagged off Architects and I couldn't understand the praise they had received.  Tomorrow the new album is out and I'm so excited by it.  They've announced a date in Glasgow towards the end of the year and I will be there for that.  Over the last 9 months or so I've just found myself listening to them a lot and really enjoying them. 

Have there been any bands you didn't like but now do or used to like and now hate?

I hated Horrified by Repulsion on first listen. It went to the back of the record box, and I didn't listen to it again until I sold all my vinyl off about a decade later. Absolute classic of the genre; no idea what I was thinking originally.

Biffy Clyro. Three tremendous alt rock albums that went iffy with their major label debut Puzzles. After that it's been downhill music wise for me although I'm glad they're seeing the success they always deserved.

Rammstein. Used to think of them as a bit of a joke and now love the fuckers.

The Kooks. Haven't heard much since their second album, Konk, but the tunes I have heard have been mediocre at best. Disappointing for a band with such a good debut album.

Stone Roses.

My teenage years defined and the reason I picked up a guitar.

The ultimate flash in the pan and the epitome' of the myth becoming bigger than the band.

Brown is the luckiest cnut on this planet to get away with calling himself a singer/musician.

Most, if not all Britpop acts. I'd be surprised if I got through one song on an album released by a Shed Seven or Ocean Colour Scene.

Conversely, I used to turn my nose up at house and rap in my teens, but that's most likely to be on the iPod these days along with post-punk stuff.

Most, if not all Britpop acts. I'd be surprised if I got through one song on an album released by a Shed Seven or Ocean Colour Scene.

Never heard Shed Seven properly until recently - the track Going for Gold is an absolute corker.

Cannae get bothered about OCS.

Took me to the second album to get into Enter Shikari but after hearing it absolutely loved the first as well. Everything since has just got better and better, and live they are terrific.

That's not really a 180 though is it?

Archived