Group B

On 7/19/2016 at 21:56, ToonBairn said:

Elgin were decent at times. They played better against us than Stirling did on Saturday IMO. No reason why we can't go to Perth and get a result this weekend

darren-smith-web-180x180.jpg

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, the_saints_are_coming said:

£16 to see St Johnstone is an absolute snip. You can also get an adult and two children in for £15, assuming we are doing the same deal we do every week, which has to be the best value for a family in the country.

Have to agree.

I definitely share the opinion that pro football is generally extortionate, but surely £16 isn't that bad compared with league prices?? Despite what some are claiming (usually after losing), it's a competitive cup fixture. 

Out of interest, how much were the likes of Hibs & Raith charging Falkirk fans for league matches last season?  

On 21 July 2016 at 09:15, RandomGuy. said:

b1e1eeec085ae5b67e002fde1a93e8f4.jpg

Stirling Albion fans will also be welcome to this, so dont be scared to get involved.

Looks good.....no doubt the wee man will want to do it all so I better bring plenty of cash

Hibs was 22 quid but
1) It's a competition I care about
2) It wasn't televised so I had nowhere else to watch it
3) Easter Road is top notch stadium which is relatively central
4) It's in Edinburgh which is a great day out, not in bumpkin country

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Looks good.....no doubt the wee man will want to do it all so I better bring plenty of cash

Its interesting they've not got prices up for the events, but they do mention entry to the event itself is free. Imagine everything would have a couple of pound charge? But I've never been to them when Saints have organised them before.

The club mention on Facebook that all activities will be free.

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

No matter what your reasons are, that's still ridiculous for that level of football in this country. 

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I wouldn't pay that to watch a game in Scotland

I wouldn't worry yourselves too much lads.

Are we in the main stand or behind the goals today?

Almost certain its the main stand, only the larger away supports get behind the goals.

Almost certain its the main stand, only the larger away supports get behind the goals.

I'll bite.

Not surprised we are in the Main stand today due to the cup competition & TV coverage. Reckon there will be only 500/600 from Falkirk today.

However I've been to McDiarmid about 15 times over the years and have always been in the usual away stand. For a league/Scottish cup tie we would have 1000-1500 at this type of game.

Never sat in the main stand so I don't mind.

Still can't believe we opened a whole stand for 26 Elgin fans on Tuesday.

Agreed. Doesn't surprise me however with Keith Hogg back and making those kind of match day decisions.

I have been told previously from a money man at the club that to simply open up & staff the away stand costs around £1000 per match so it was definitely not cost effective on Tues with 26 Elgin fans paying on average about £6.

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

If it was costing the club that much to open the away stand for such a small support do you really think they would be doing it?

Keith Hogg, mate. 

Archived