The TV Coverage Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general tone of Clive last night was that France would be relieved they were facing Iceland and not England which gave me a mental image of the entire France camp huddled round a TV shitting themselves at the thought of a deflected, offside Jamie Vardy tap in.

I was watching the game again on the BBC and Mowbray says "imagine the smiles on the faces of the French players watching this" and Keown says "huh, well they're choking on their garlic aren't they". Just outright racism. Horrible.

Had to have a listen to Talksport this morning to see if it was still broadcasting. Much to my amazement they were allowing Colin Murray to come out with the truth that shall not be spoken...England just aren't good enough.

He used the facts to tell them what they refuse to admit, that their tournament record is mediocre, going back through the years to remind them exactly what they had and hadn't done, and that they weren't even a guaranteed quarter final team. Their self belief, based on facts, was ridiculous and to sort out their problems the first thing needed was humility.

It was good stuff and surprising that such a Little Englander station allowed it to be broadcast, especially whilst the hurt is still raw and it coming from someone from a diddy, little country. I expect though that despite many throughout the UK listened only a minority will have heard.

wouldn't surprise me if most of the pre coverage, bar wales-Belgium and Germany-Italy is 15mins as opposed to 30.

You're kidding. The pre-match coverage will be extended to 45 minutes to discus England's next manager.

If it wasn't for the media would anyone laugh at them?

Feel quite sorry for the English manager and the poison they get flung at them, build them up and bring them down. It's far too black and white. England are a good side and have a dozen very good players, I don't know why they freeze but the media doesn't help.

Feel quite sorry for the English manager and the poison they get flung at them, build them up and bring them down. It's far too black and white. England are a good side and have a dozen very good players, I don't know why they freeze but the media doesn't help.

The way they go on you'd think England was the only place with a media.

The media is definitely the reason I laugh at them. Even when they have no aspiration of winning the tournament outright, they still seem to find a way to be arrogant toward teams they play and say stuff that comes back to bite them in hilarious style.

I would probably still laugh at them but it wouldn't be quite as delicious as normal.

I think if they'd beaten Iceland and gone on to lose to France I would have been a bit meh about the whole thing, as I have been towards them for the majority of the tournament actually.

But the way they dismissed Iceland, even when losing the match, just brought back that happy feeling when they go out  :)

Sky Sports are STILL asking Ray Parlour today why England were put out :lol:

Parlour is an absolute fucking clown he is cliche central and uses phrases like

"They need to be more stronger in the second half"

No Ray you need to learn proper English.

Archived