2016/17 fixture list

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea why they feel the need to put Partick to Dingwall and Aberdeen to Motherwell on Christmas Eve?

Nonsense. Shower of bellends

Should get the teams to swap fixtures if fans are up for it?

Is it likely we can expect two things to happen over the festive period:

1) All Christmas Eve games to move to lunchtime (which is what happened in 2011)

2) All Hogmanay games to move either to lunchtime, or NYD

Seems bizarre they didn't schedule the New Year games for NYD anyway.

Could be wrong, but I think our game v Celtic on Christmas Eve 2011 was a normal 3pm.

The "last updated" time on the match report suggests a lunchtime kick off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/16229733.stm

Yeah it was a half 1 kick off, I was working until 2 that day so missed it as a result.

Would imagine the Christmas Eve games will go ahead as planned but with earlier kick offs. On the other hand I'd imagine most of the Hogmanay games will be rescheduled, especially given there's the likes of Celtic v Rangers and Aberdeen v Hearts on that day to avoid the potential for all day bevvy chaos.

Any idea why they feel the need to put Partick to Dingwall and Aberdeen to Motherwell on Christmas Eve?

Nonsense. Shower of bellends

Think how far County fans will have to travel for almost every away game. Outside of the Highland Derby, their next closest fixture would be a 3hr (116 mile) drive to Pittodrie, 2.5hr (123 mile) drive to Mcdiarmid or a 3hr (138 mile) drive to Dens... It only gets worse for them after that.

Everyone has to play each other, some of them live far away from you. That's ok. :)

Think how far County fans will have to travel for almost every away game. Outside of the Highland Derby, their next closest fixture would be a 3hr (116 mile) drive to Pittodrie, 2.5hr (123 mile) drive to Mcdiarmid or a 3hr (138 mile) drive to Dens... It only gets worse for them after that.

Everyone has to play each other, some of them live far away from you. That's ok. :)

Totally appreciate that chief. I actually enjoy a longish trip that time of year as its a wee session with mates. Given though its a time of year when fans have loads of family stuff on, shit public transport links and shit weather for travelling in just a tad more thought for the paying punter would've been nice. It's the actual days for games is the worst bit. Christmas Eve and Hogmanay??? Why not Boxing Day and the 2nd?

There's no reason why you guys, Saints, ICT and Dons or Dundee couldn't have been all matched in that period.

I did notice that neither of the cheeks have been inconvenienced though, funny that eh?

Partick are demanding clarification and compensation over the dodgy home/away split

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2016-2017/june_2016/club_statement_about_fixture_list

I don't mind them only visiting once each pre split but 4 visits to those sectarian toilets is a bit much pre split :(

Archived