Edinburgh City

Working on the City Fanzine for the Edinburgh City v Arbroath home game on October 1st. Here's the front cover.

Thanks go to John Dunn's dad for identifying his son on the cover of the previous Issue Four for Edinburgh City v Montrose September 17th.

Contributions always welcome.

(I'm pretty sure that's No.3 Dominico Gibson on the front cover of Issue #5 but I could be wrong. It's from Motherwell Colts v Edinburgh City at Fir Park in the Irn Bru Cup. A friend sent in some pictures of the match but he didn't identify any of the players for me) 

Go Tell The Spartans Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Five (2).png

Edited by Mr Blobby

Nice to meet Dominico Gibson in the Meadowbank crowd at Edinburgh City v Montrose today. Nico was out injured due to a thigh strain but happily sat among the fans and signed the City Fanzine for us which has his picture on the front cover of Issue #5. The match itself was a bit of a disappointment for City fans. A fumble by Antell led to the Montrose goal. Other than that, not much between to two teams today, I thought. Crowd was given as 390 over the tannoy. (Sounded like 309)

Incidentally, that woman with the two Pepsis, the mince pie and the handbag over the arm shows off some skill in a pretty decent balancing act going up the steps.

Dominico Gibson Edinburgh City v Montrose signing Fanzine4 (1).jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Must have shit in my ears. I thought the tannoy said crowd was 309

Was taking this in today. City looked much better when Beattie came on and gave some presence up front but to be honest neither team did too much, Montrose got the break today.

Some really strange folk from Angus! One chap in particular singing for 10 minutes all by himself with all sorts of nonsense and a loud boomer further back with some terrible puns. Which made it fucking brilliant to be there in the end although the cries of "use your pace Templeman" got tired after one go.

Didn't realise how close it was to Easter Road, forgot Hibs were at home and drove through tons of green on the way!

Was taking this in today. City looked much better when Beattie came on and gave some presence up front but to be honest neither team did too much, Montrose got the break today.

Some really strange folk from Angus! One chap in particular singing for 10 minutes all by himself with all sorts of nonsense and a loud boomer further back with some terrible puns. Which made it fucking brilliant to be there in the end although the cries of "use your pace Templeman" got tired after one go.

Didn't realise how close it was to Easter Road, forgot Hibs were at home and drove through tons of green on the way!

Hamish was there today then.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Yea, I know what you mean. I guess we need guys like that to liven up the game. Enjoyed the Mo' banter. "You love your whistle ref!" and "Whistle Happy!" were the two printable quotes. Crowd scene from today.

Montrose Fans at Edinburgh City v Montrose (2).jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby